How do you get your fix during the Winter?

It's not uncommon to see 70's temperature during the day in the winter months. So no issue flying. I fly as usual.

I am in Orange County, southern California.

THIS is winter for me :mrgreen:

Attachments

• DJI00020a.jpg
    DJI00020a.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 266
yawnalot29 said:
It's not uncommon to see 70's temperature during the day in the winter months. So no issue flying. I fly as usual.

I am in Orange County, southern California.

I think I know where I'm moving to some day! I can't stand cold weather, also every time I order something it seems to come from California every time so that would cut down on shipping times as well. Matter of fact, the last thing I ordered came right out of Orange County now that I'm thinking about it.

4wd said:
The problem is maintaining control on small sticks with gloves on.
You can't last outside long without gloves in -20 windchill.
You'd be OK on a reasonably calm day I guess.

I use these gloves for cold weather photography with my DSLR: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/625048-REG/Aqua_Tech_1753_Sensory_Gloves_Medium.html They work really well and allow a fine touch on camera controls. I haven't used them to fly with yet, but see no reason why they wouldn't work.

My wife has mittens where the finger parts lift and fold back to expose your fingers at the second knuckle, but I can't find a link right now.

As for the rest of my body, I layer layer and layer and wear a balaclava, wool socks and warm shoes. Chemical packet hand and toe warmers from Walmart round out my outfit.

Someone once said that there is no such thing as bad weather. Just bad clothing. ;)

Green_Phantom said:
Happyflyer said:
Green_Phantom said:
Don't want to move south? Easy, move west out to here. :)
Summers are high of 88 low of 75
Winters are high of 82, low of 72

It's horrible out here. :)
Sounds nice and warm but isn't it just like Florida, rains all the time?

Not even close. Florida is an uncomfortable, humid, sticky, instant swamp *** inducing kind of heat.

We don't get that here. We have nice north easterly trade winds pretty much all year round that keep the humidity in the 50-65% range. The trades tend to throw a wrench into flying thing from time to time, but nothing the Phantom can't handle. We have our calm days as well.

Rain.....not really.........
Doesn't appear to be all that bad. Send me a plane ticket and a high quality cat sitter for RT and I can come out and fly with you. ;)
Actually I guess best here is to charge batteries to 50%, store, and go out to my woodworking shop and build something for the Winter. All those machines have been idle too long this Summer.

I just picked up the Estes nano quadcopter. What a blast for inside! Durable little bugger too. I really appreciate how easy the Phantom is to fly now. I do plan on flying in the winter when it's warmer.

WPSPETE said:
I just picked up the Estes nano quadcopter. What a blast for inside! Durable little bugger too. I really appreciate how easy the Phantom is to fly now. I do plan on flying in the winter when it's warmer.
I hope it flies better than my useless, worthless, X4 or it will tick you off in a short time.

Happyflyer said:
WPSPETE said:
I hope it flies better than my useless, worthless, X4 or it will tick you off in a short time.

Flies great. Crashed it multiple times. My 95lb dog even grabbed it out of the air. The props tend to fly off when you crash and they aren't easy to find. I am used to the phantom which flies very steady. Thing thing is very twitchy and maneuverable. Its very surprising for its size. And it was under $40 from amazon.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20