How do you get your fix during the Winter?

IflyinWY said:
Happyflyer said:
Here the wind has started blowing and will stop late Spring. Even if you could tolerate the cold, the blasted wind is too strong most of the time. And then there is the snow.....

I thought you showed us your "Winter flying hut" a while back.

Maybe you need to show us again. :D
That was my garage. :)

Attachments

• Hell4.jpg
    Hell4.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 286
Noël said:
I'll be making snow in the garden with my homemade snowguns, and when weather permitting taking pictures of it with my quad.
OMG! You make that white crap! I will have countless tons of that crap you can come to my house and truck away!
Slick setup.

@Happyflyer

Making snow is much more fun!
Specially when every garden around you is still green :)

Once the real snow comes all fun is gone :/

Happyflyer said:
Noël said:
.....Once the real snow comes all fun is gone.
Yup. :)

Well folks, I think it's finally here. :( :eek: :cry: :cry:

We were in the 60's today. It was really freaking awesome, even on the mountain. Now it's really starting to suck. I'm home with the boiler starting to get some exercise.

Current temp = 37 (down 10 in the past hour) and dropping, with RAIN. Oh joy, endless sheets of ice in the morning. :roll:

Tomorrow's high = 20 and falling :(

Veterans day = 9 That's the high :cry:

Wednesday = 8

WANTED: really rich, cute, funny, ole woman, looking for same (cept man). You must live south of me, way south. Must be able to laugh at my jokes, like to watch me fly expensive toy into tree, pool, car, house, and; well that's all.

Oh, crap, is'nt this that dating site? :oops:

UPDATE:
35 minutes later,
Wind speed: NNW 40 G 53 MPH
Temp: 27
Rain: Nope, no rain, ice pellets
Attitude: Poor to crappy

UPDATE TWO:
OK, that's not funny about HI. If you'd like to trade places, I'll be willing to try it for 5 or 6 months... :lol:
Add another 2 hours,
Wind speed: NNW 38 G 53 MPH
Temp: 16
Rain: Yea right, not gonna see that till April, SNOW - THE BLOWING KIND
Attitude: Just guess.

Vail is looking pretty good these days, 75 to 80 this week.
No ding dong, not Vail, CO - Vail, AZ :lol:

What kinda cheese goes good with this kinda whine? :roll:

Noël said:
I'll be making snow in the garden with my homemade snowguns, and when weather permitting taking pictures of it with my quad.

IMG_5793_small.jpg

Video of my old setup on a windy day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nPNu6XdmIw

I'm guessing you have created and captured many of life's precious moments "second 10" of this video being one of them. I hope you've got that face framed. Nice job.

Can we see your new snow machine, with a build list please?

I'm probably not going to be doing too much driving till my new studded snow tires arrive. :cry:

dirkclod said:
Molokai said:
Live in Hawaii. haha

Ever hear of Lava, Hurricane or typhoon ? haha ;)
must be nice :mrgreen: hula girls, coconut shrimp stands , Hawaii 5 0 :?

If you're in Mississippi, you probably see more hurricanes than we do. Lava.....only on the big island, and only if you decide to build your house down slope from an active volcano.

Hula girls....they're not all over the place
Shrimp stands/trucks...gotta go find them along the north shore
Hawaii Five-0...only annoying when they close entire sections of town for filming.

You're not going to let a little snow stop you from flying - http://youtu.be/gpbIVUr07C8

This was the first snowstorm of the season. On a good note - you can fly over water (frozen lakes) without losing your quad. The bad note is ice will reflect your Tx signal and could cause some erratic flying.

EMCSQUAR said:
You're not going to let a little snow stop you from flying - http://youtu.be/gpbIVUr07C8

This was the first snowstorm of the season. On a good note - you can fly over water (frozen lakes) without losing your quad. The bad note is ice will reflect your Tx signal and could cause some erratic flying.

Great music for your video. Thumbs UP :cool:

Molokai said:
Live in Hawaii. haha

I was going to head over there today. Then they closed the interstate and I couldn't get to the airport... :cry:

samd012 said:
Easy. Hubsan x4 on the couch and grab any nice day you can in between. :)

+1 'zactly...

3343.jpg

Green_Phantom said:
Don't want to move south? Easy, move west out to here. :)
Summers are high of 88 low of 75
Winters are high of 82, low of 72

It's horrible out here. :)
Sounds nice and warm but isn't it just like Florida, rains all the time?

:)

:D

:cool:

Attachments

• 1179750_f1024-www.freevintageposters.com.jpg
    1179750_f1024-www.freevintageposters.com.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 409
  • Airport.JPG
    Airport.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 347
  • BeachCup.jpg
    BeachCup.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 290
Green_Phantom said:
]
Hula girls....they're not all over the place
Shrimp stands/trucks...gotta go find them along the north shore
Hawaii Five-0...only annoying when they close entire sections of town for filming.

It's settled then. Phantom Pilots Winter Flyin at Green_Phantom's place, everybody!!! :lol:

Happyflyer said:
Green_Phantom said:
Don't want to move south? Easy, move west out to here. :)
Summers are high of 88 low of 75
Winters are high of 82, low of 72

It's horrible out here. :)
Sounds nice and warm but isn't it just like Florida, rains all the time?

Not even close. Florida is an uncomfortable, humid, sticky, instant swamp *** inducing kind of heat.

We don't get that here. We have nice north easterly trade winds pretty much all year round that keep the humidity in the 50-65% range. The trades tend to throw a wrench into flying thing from time to time, but nothing the Phantom can't handle. We have our calm days as well.

Rain.....not really. Well, depends on where you go. You can go FIND rain if you want, but most of the south side of Oahu sees 8-12" of rainfall a year. And even if it does rain, it's usually just sprinkles with the sun still out that stop in a few minutes.

It's just horrible here I tell ya. I really do wish that they'd have about a week of solid North Dakota type winter weather though where about 3/4 of the island's population would get wiped out due to hypothermia and dying horrible fiery deaths on the road. :twisted: Traffic out here is HORRIBLE. And lookie-loo rental car driving tourists don't help any either. :x

Yep, because nobody wants to be here. It's horrible. :)

Attachments

• 971242_10203395612793175_6488489261639140890_n.jpg
    971242_10203395612793175_6488489261639140890_n.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 357
  • 10252180_10203597358756698_4494251557054307464_n.jpg
    10252180_10203597358756698_4494251557054307464_n.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 304
  • 10154026_10203302483104991_726869402_n.jpg
    10154026_10203302483104991_726869402_n.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 317

Members online

No members online now.