How do you feel about this film ?

Beautiful as always, and does a great job of invoking the necessary emotions without getting sappy. I would have trouble imagining a better application for your skills w/aerial cinematography.

Can I assume that's gov't-owned land? You know that over here the lawyers would have forced installation of anti-liability measures (nets, wall, whatever) that would have ruined the beauty of the place.

very nice,respectful,rip to all the lost souls.

Beautiful.

For the last shot by the light house did you have line of sight from the top?

Its a public space and your right, for once they have not tried to intervene other than a few signs showing where to obtain help if needed. There are a team of volunteers who patrol the cliffs 24/7 every day of the year. It was talking to one of them that prompted me to make the film.

As for the lighthouse shot I had line of sight from one of the cliffs further along. Probably the most challenging shot I have carried out so far. There were very strong winds at the time. We were perched on a very steep slope in order to get the view we needed.

Excellent video.
Is this the same location used on BBC's Top Gear for the 50th anniversary of the Jaguar e?
That was one of the best tributes I've ever seen.
They gathered together a marching band with pipes, in full regalia, probably a hundred jags, had a fly over of planes, and topped it off with the unfurling of a huge union jack on the cliff side.

Nice stuff. The props in the shot are distracting though. Obviously you can't truck backwards when there are cars driving along. :). What FOV are you using?

Very nice. The lighthouse is a powerful symbol of man trying to help those in distress who need it. Such a sad place for people to end it. The light house is intended to save lives. Very powerful choice of music and sensitively handled. Nice work. Well done. The feeling of the place was effectively conveyed to me.

Awesome job Shrimpy...

Thaks Shrimpy... At last a 'Film' and not a series of shots.

Very nice.

My only negative comment would be about props in shot. I think this would work better and have even more impact in letter box format.

Really nice video.
The only comment I would make is that you could have maybe tilted the gopro down a wee bit at times so you dont see the props.
It's a bit distracting.

Have you got a H3-D3 yet?

Well done, Shrimpfarmer. Validates the Phantom as a tool that can actually do a beautiful job of cinematography - when in skilled hands.

ScottH said:
Nice stuff. The props in the shot are distracting though. Obviously you can't truck backwards when there are cars driving along. :). What FOV are you using?

The props spoil it. Its now made me decide to shoot in 2.7K I generally shoot in medium FOV. Obviously you can tilt down slightly to lose the props but you then exaggerate the fisheye.

2trickpony said:
Really nice video.
The only comment I would make is that you could have maybe tilted the gopro down a wee bit at times so you dont see the props.
It's a bit distracting.

Have you got a H3-D3 yet?

Not yet, not going to be rushing to buy one either. I think you can get a lot of the niggles of the 2d out in post. I will probably wait to see if they change the format of the Gopro, then jump for one that works with that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1