How do you balance Phantom 2 stock props! No hub hole!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a dubro prop balancer but I can't figure out how to use it because there is no hole in the propeller hub to stick the balancing wire through. Am I missing something here?

Easy answer. This is how I do it anyway using the Kingsun method. (bottom pic is first step)
Put the first cone on near the stop. Then use the washer(it helps centralize the hub. Then use the plastic tube till it just covers the end of the rod. Twist the prop onto the rubber hose until it bottom out on the cone. Lastly use the second cone to balance it out. Oh btw. I use aluminium tape on the lighter blade( the one that ends up at the top). To balance the blades.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,066
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 1,009
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,019
Put about 1cm width piece of tape at a time on. Folding half and half over the leading edge of the blade near the tip. If you add a piece and it's then to heavy move the last piece you put on to about halfway down the prop. Hope this makes sense.

Ozzy, I know those pictures may look right-side-up where you are, but.... :D

Also, the dubro is designed so you don't have to counter-balance the shaft when you hang a propeller off the end like that...just raise the black part on the other side, till the shaft goes through the round hole, and is held in place by the internal discs above ;)

Trust me on mine at least it's needed. I've found the way the instructions say(the method you mention) gives frustratingly mixed results(the prop ends up in different positions each time making balancing near impossible). Trial and error has shown me that this is the best way(for my particular example dubro) it spins more freely sitting on top. The weight of the prop plus the cone raises the other end anyway.
(Ps you think I would be used to it by now. I've been doing things upside down my while life. Anyway of to the shops now time to saddle up my wombat :lol:

Thanks for the pics, seriously though I was wondering the same thing. Now I just need to buy a DuBro

Attachments

• smiley shades.jpg
    smiley shades.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 588

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31