How do I reseat my M1 cable on the flight controller

JKB

Reaction score
"Auto Landed" into a tree and landed the Phantom on it's back in the dirt.

Afterward I tried to start the motors back up and all would fire but M1 and I was getting a blinking Red LED and a loud chirp with every blink.

From research I thought that I might have broken the ESC or the motor itself. I was happy to find the M1 cable separated from the housing that plugs into the flight controller (see attached image).

Can anyone advise how I might loosen the wire still stuck in the housing and then the best method for reattachment?

Attachments

• M1 Motor cable.png
    M1 Motor cable.png
    658.1 KB · Views: 433
You should be able to slide a needle in the female hole and pull the broken wire out. It's clipped in there

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: JKB
Ok wire is out....next where can I get a replacement crimp connection like the one that is in the housing.
Is it a standard pin connection part or something specific to this DJI connection?

Any luck?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yes LUCK! A little different solution but success.

I attempted to crimp the wire into the "wire guide sleeve" (not sure what else to call it.
The connection was poor and a little bit of tension pulled the wire right back out.

I removed the pin again and picked out some of the loose wire strands and then smashed the "wire guide sleeve" flat. Then soldered the wire to the now crushed sleeve. It didn't want to fit back in the plastic housing very well but I managed to reshape it enough to get good connection to the flight controller.

Took it out on a long run today.

Thanks for the guidance.

For future reference...
Find an old pc with a case. Look for the power/reset button and follow the cables back to the motherboard. Here you will find single/double/triple plugs. Find a single connector and cut and solder it back on the M1-M4 cable. Then dremel the 4 pin cable to make room for the newly repaired cable.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj