How do I power Walkera gimbal AND video transmitter ?

Reaction score
I just purchased a Phantom 2 Non-vision, it is the latest version with the new compass and canbus.
I would like to add a walkera gimbal, and video transmitter, and an osd mini. along with my gopro.
How & where can I get enough power for all this.

The gimbal and transmitter should connect to the aux power lead. The OSD will get power from the CAN bus.
Your GoPro has a battery. You can hook up a 12V->5V regulator to the aux power lead if you want to power it too.

If you take a standard female/female 3 strand servo wire from X2 to pitch port of the gimbal, that will give 5.5v power AND pitch control.

The Tx is best soldered directly to the power on the main board. If you use the thin aux wire you risk frying the camera/aux port on the main board. That wire is meant to power a Vision camera. The Tx draws quite some current. Mine fried because I connected a strong LED head light and the Tx both to that cable. It went good for a while but after a couple of months it just went up in smoke. Luckily it has nothing to do with any flight control function so I'm still good, although I can never upgrade to a zenmuse with this main board.

Last edited:
Your GoPro has a battery. You can hook up a 12V->5V regulator to the aux power lead if you want to power it too.
To power the gopro, or any other 5.5v device, you can also take 5.5v from the x1 port, or splice the power lead to the pitch port of the gimbal, if you do it my way, with one servo cable connected to the X2.
Saves you a power stepper, and as I mentioned in my previous port, the cam/aux port can't have a lot, it burns out easy.

I'm sorry, I've confused the aux connector on the P2 with that on the P1. On the P1, the aux power wire is wired directly to the main power bus. On the P2, I assume it goes to the CAM connector on the main board. If you pull too much current from it, it probably will burn out L2, the small inductor right next to the connector. So if you want to run high-current items, hook up directly to the main power bus (either the battery terminals or one of the ESC power terminals).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20