How do I power both buzzer and fpv from the balance wire?

Reaction score
I have both fpv and gimbal installed. For the gimbal I use the free power wire from one of the leg opening. To power the fpv transmitter I use the balance wire from the battery. Now I also want to use a low voltage buzzer alarm, but it's not easy to find any 3s balace Y-wire extension, so I can power both fpv and buzzer. Any suggestions?

Re: How do I power both buzzer and fpv from the balance wire

wazzup said:
I have both fpv and gimbal installed. For the gimbal I use the free power wire from one of the leg opening. To power the fpv transmitter I use the balance wire from the battery. Now I also want to use a low voltage buzzer alarm, but it's not easy to find any 3s balace Y-wire extension, so I can power both fpv and buzzer. Any suggestions?

splice the Aux power that's going to your gimbal and use THAT for your FPV Tx.
- no need to use that fancy power filter that comes with it.

Almost - but the buzzer will not work with that one. Can't read the cells with only two wires. The balance wire from battery has four wires. I have searched the internet for days...... can't find it.

wazzup said:
This way I can find with four plug wires
http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/ ... 5q-_9w.jpg
- but not the opposite way. (1x she --> 2x he )

I am sorry I should have noticed that! I will see what I can find. I had to make mine and bought the ends. I bought a cable like you linked to and swapped a female connector with the male connector and then you can replace the other male connector with a JST-XH female plug. I bought several from Digikey or you can get them from ebay -etc. Really not hard to install you just install the female pins and then they snap into the white cover. I actually soldered mine to ensure good connections before installing them in the plastic cover. I also isolated the middle two wires on all cables except the one that plugs into the battery and the one that plugs into the voltage alarm.

Also, your picture shows a cable that has only two plug wires. As I said there must be all four plug wires for the cells to be read by buzzer. Gizmo's proposal is ok, but want to use the power filter that comes with fpv transmitter, and then I have to use the balance cable.

It is difficult to understand that I'm the only one with this issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20