How do I mount Nexus 7 to existing holder on transmitter?

Reaction score
So I have a new Vision and a Nexus 7, are there some relatively cheap options of mounting the Nexus 7 securely/safely to the existing white smartphone holder on my Vision transmitter?

Re: How do I mount Nexus 7 to existing holder on transmitter

freefall101 said:
So I have a new Vision and a Nexus 7, are there some relatively cheap options of mounting the Nexus 7 securely/safely to the existing white smartphone holder on my Vision transmitter?

Here is what i used.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A9AKY02/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The picture doesnt show the mount very well. It is a ball socket that fits the end of the Dji mount. It will attach to the universal tablet holder below. (The Tripod is NOT PART OF IT.) Only the plastic mount pieces.

This is likely not the only option, i like it because the parts all come apart quickly for storage in my case.
Tablet%20mount.jpg

Good luck, what ever you decide.

This might work out quite expensive, are there any cheaper options. Thank you though!

That,... I couldn't begin to offer an opinion on costs or benefits. I know there are other options.... None that I really liked.

thank you, will look into it later on when I have a bit more time

freefall101 said:
thank you, will look into it later on when I have a bit more time
You wont need to buy universal tablet mount...it comes with the tripod mount. See my EDIT

not sure how big the nexus 7 is but Im going to assume its a 7inch one and probably the same size as both my 7inch tablets are.
I was able to make the stock phone holder hold them pretty good Just by heating the curved ends with a lighter on the clips fingers and bending them straight to make them a bit longer then I heated the ends of the tips and put a sharper bend in them closer to the tips then they were originally. and now if i open the clips fingers up all the way then spread them about 1/4 more with my hand they make it over the edge of the tablet and it grips it pretty tightly and securely.

Try this. It is simple and cost almost next to nothing.

I modify mine to have slot on extension arm and a wingnut so that the arm can be retracted during storage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 539

Try this. It is simple and cost almost next to nothing.

I modify mine to have slot on extension arm and a wingnut so that the arm can be retracted during storage.

I like that one. Simple

Does your nexus work well with the dji vision app. What year model is it. I just got a 2012 model. Hoping it works well. The kindle I was using didn't work worth a ****

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4