How do I make the orange blinking light go away during calibration?

How do I make the orange/yellow light go away during calibration?

• I have calibrated it before and it worked but now nothing. I have installed firmware upgrade.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have had a few major crashes and one flyaway.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I can't get the blinking orange light to stop blinking during calibration. I have installed the firmware upgrade but to no avail.

Thank you,

Jon

I have checked everything and brought it to two repair shops in Boston. Everyone is clueless. The rep at DJI said it has to be the firmware update but I did that and it still doesn't work.

1. The transmitter is on.
2. The transmitter is fully charged.
3. I have plugged both the transmitter and phantom 2 into the computer and have completed a firmware update successfully.
4. I am calibrating it in a field on Cape Cod away from any obstructions and there are no cell towers or magnetic forces of any kind around.
5. There are no clouds and it is a sunny day.
6. I can't even get the propellers to start.
7. It starts with it's 7 sound tone to start and blinks red and green and then blinks a pretty rapid yellow/orange color but never calibrates no matter how many times I turn it counter clockwise.
8. I am flicking the s1 shift 6 times and also have tried switching them constantly.
9 It has flown away on me twice now in different states. I have only flown it 4 times total since it has been out of its brand new box.
10. It has had some pretty bad crashes from the fly aways.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there any way to have it go back to its original factory settings or something?

Thanks people.

Jon

Just discovered a bigger problem. When I plug in my phantom 2 to my computer and try to do the calibration it does not work. After I press start I start moving the controls and nothing happens. I have a green light in the bottom left, the remote is powered up but i move the controls and nothing happens. I definitely have an issue with my controller. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or how to fix it? Thanks!

Do you plug the phantom into the computer or the controller?. Must plug Phantom in to computer to have controls work. Also are you near any major airports?

Do you plug the phantom into the computer or the controller?. Must plug Phantom in to computer to have controls work. Also are you near any major airports?

I am not near any airports. I plug the controller into the computer and the phantom 2 into the computer.

Did you rebind your tx to the phantom, post 6 above?

Just plug your Phantom into computer, turn on controller then phantom open pt2 program and now you should see movement on your controls.

Did you do this?

Linking procedures
  • 1. Power on the PHANTOM 2.
  • 2. Turn on the remote controller and place it 0.5m~1m away from the aircraft.
  • 3. Push the link button with a thin object and hold it until the Link indicator blinks red, then release it.
  • 4. When the Link indicator turns solid green, the link between the remote controller and the built-in receiver has been successfully established.
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Ph...ng_the_remote_controller.26_built-in_receiver

Reactions: Discoverydave
Did you do this?

Linking procedures
  • 1. Power on the PHANTOM 2.
  • 2. Turn on the remote controller and place it 0.5m~1m away from the aircraft.
  • 3. Push the link button with a thin object and hold it until the Link indicator blinks red, then release it.
  • 4. When the Link indicator turns solid green, the link between the remote controller and the built-in receiver has been successfully established.
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Ph...ng_the_remote_controller.26_built-in_receiver
I did this but the light never turns solid green it only blinks red for a short while. What do you do when that happens?

I don't know, I've never had to do it.

You mentioned that you have had a "few major crashes". You may have broken the GPS. You would need to open it up, remove the GPS module in the top and look at the backside to determine if that happened. It is ceramic and it is fragile. If it is cracked, it will need to be replaced. I've seen this symptom caused by a broken GPS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav