How do I extend range without voiding warranty

Reaction score
In there an antenna amplification option that won't void the warranty? Price isn't an issue. I just want long range.

Yea you can use wind surfer. I made some by cutting a plastic cup in half.. Punch a hole in the bottom so the antenna can go through and line with aluminum foil. Works great. Look on eBay...windsurfer

I have and use a windsurfer. Works well but at the first sign of obstruction, the signal fails. I understand amplification of the signal penatrates obstacles like trees, etc better

In there an antenna amplification option that won't void the warranty? Price isn't an issue. I just want long range.

Windsurfer is the only non invasive mod I know of.

If you're super duper careful, you can do the controller mod without drilling any new holes and without any permanent damage. It's just not as easy.

I've seen the dbs mod but think it voids the warranty?
Just on the controller. A controller can be had for around 250. I just got a used controller and did the mod. Then you can use your other one to sell or keep incase of warranty.

Hi try dbsmods .com

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
That will void the warranty if you DRILL HOLES in the case!

Dynamic 3D Solutions

However this site sells an adaptor that will allow you to use the existing holes to put your cables through, one hint though, if you are following this tutorial I'd do one thing differently, which is to remove the usb board ribbon cable from the back rather than internally.

Attachments

• 1451774859363.jpg
    1451774859363.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 402
No promises it won't void the warranty unless you do an Extremely clean install,

Here are some damage points I found that I would do different next time,

●when removing/separating the case beware the Base of the controller has a lug that needs you to separate from the top 1st as it is a hinged fit, do not prise it apart it will break.
Or as in my case slightly bruise the plastic.

● removing the antennas, have someone the other side with a screwdriver or hard plastic to push both sides of the moulding AT THE SAME TIME. Even better get a third person to pull gently at the antenna.

● be VERY careful around the ribbon cable from the usb port, loosen the board off and remove all screws but be careful of stressing the other side ribbon cables, USE PLASTIC TWEEZERS!!!! I can't stress that enough as I made a small depression on mine but thankfully it still works, and do your best not to touch the gold connector as the oils on your skin will do it no good.

Hope this helps ☺

Hello i have just ordered some of these adapters and was reading your comments regarding opening the radio controller case when you say it has a hinge fit how did you open it up did you push down on one side of the controller cover or do you have push up ( hope this makes sense ) please explain how you did it
many thanks

It has a lug on the bottom that will not be pulled straight apart it has to "hinge" or to put it plainly open like a book, don't go pulling there you will damage the plastic. Undo the top and pull apart from there

Is there a better performing metal to use for windsurfers? Is aluminum better than copper? Or visa versa

I have the large plastic set and they work great. Then I saw the aluminum ones and I ordered them. I haven't tried them yet, but they are much smaller, and they were only 25.00. Well worth the sense of security that you get when they are on. I was out 3000' and I could still see the drone against the gray sky. As long as you don't take your eyes on the drone.
But the signal was all at 100%. so I just kept faceing it and made sure I turned and kept faceing the drone.

Is there a better performing metal to use for windsurfers? Is aluminum better than copper? Or visa versa

From a receiving stand point, it's not an issue, go with aluminum. If you were to transmit a signal, copper is the better choice due to is low resistance. Most antennas manufactured are constructed of aluminum. Your windsurfer antenna is a reflector of radiowaves and aluminum is perfect for its cost.

From a receiving stand point, it's not an issue, go with aluminum. If you were to transmit a signal, copper is the better choice due to is low resistance. Most antennas manufactured are constructed of aluminum. Your windsurfer antenna is a reflector of radiowaves and aluminum is perfect for its cost.

Cool, thanks Ken

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj