How do I connect to the internet ?

Reaction score
Hi , I've just bought a new P3S and a used Nexus 2 tablet to use only with the controller . My question is how do I connect with the internet to download the App and do i need to keep an internet connection to operate the aircraft ? My current internet access is via a mobile internet dongle which goes into the side of my laptop . I hope I don't have to go to the expense of opening a new account for this . Any help appreciated .

You won't need a WiFi connection after the first pairing of the drone and receiver. The drone (sort of) becomes the WiFi hub and the controller becomes a client of the drone. I may be incorrect on this, but that's my belief on the P3S setup. Run it all up, do your calibrations of the IMU and compass, and 'suck it and see'.
Happy flying

Switch on the controller, switch on the phantom, switch on the tablet, plug in the USB lead to the tablet and the controller. If the app is installed and the USB mode is right on the tablet (plenty of posts on this), then it should open automatically, you don't even have to open the app. There are a stack of posts on this that are much more elaborate than this quick guide, and the manual and website will tell you exactly how to do it.

I downloaded the dji go app onto my Nexus 7.2 but only the Phantom 4 , Inspire , and a couple of others appeared on the list . When a friend downloaded the app onto his Ipad the P3 was on the list ! How on earth can that be ?

Swipe left / right until Phantom shows. You've done that. Then touch "Phantom 4" and and a drop down list will show (there should be a triangle next to the '4' to indicate this). From the drop down, select Phantom 3 Standard.

Note to Alex Baxter: The P3S does not have a usb connection from the RC to the tablet/phone.

Have your RC on. Then go to the tablet WiFi settings and select the Phantomxxxxx access point & connect to it. Continue the setup.

Thanks Daveism , That worked and I got through the initial part of the setup . Unfortunately it turns out the the tablet is Wifi only , so when it comes to the point where I have to connect to the internet , I can't . Is there a way round this , can another device be used to set it up and then use the tablet later ?

Thanks Daveism , That worked and I got through the initial part of the setup . Unfortunately it turns out the the tablet is Wifi only , so when it comes to the point where I have to connect to the internet , I can't . Is there a way round this , can another device be used to set it up and then use the tablet later ?
Have coffee at McDonalds and use their internet. LOL. Once you have registered and have the app on your tablet, you don't need internet to fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues