How do I connect my gimbal? With very short cables.

Reaction score
Hello I am justin and I am new here,
yesterday I recieved my secondhand Dji Phantom 1 in the mail I went straight out flying with it but now
a day later, I was wondering how do i connect my Gimball? Yes i know there are a lot of tutorials on youtube but my problem is that the cables are not much longer than 5cm.. The guy who sold me the Dji phantom 1 with gimball told me he had never used the gimbal before so am I missing a connection cable of some sort? Also i do not know the exact name of the gimball but i will post pictures. Hope you guys can help me Thx :).

Attachments

• foto 2.JPG
    foto 2.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 485
  • foto 3.JPG
    foto 3.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 436
  • foto 4.JPG
    foto 4.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 482
It looks like a gimbal bought from ebay, not the official one.

Looks like you are going to need to do some soldering ;-)

Official one? There are tons of gimbals for the Phantom, many different versions of the basic low cost gimbal.

If you don't know how to soldier you will need to cut the wire going to the F2 port (for the pitch) and add length to it, and adding back the connector at the end.

The other end (power), well that is much easier, cut off the end connector and add a connector to both the gimbal wire and AUX power connector of the Phantom. This way you will be able to disconnect the power from the gimbal while the Phantom has power, like while doing the Compass calibration. Gimbals don't' like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers