How do I check my motors?

Reaction score
Hi

I have the phantom and I just noticed that one of my motors has a bit more resistance then the other ones. When I had the props out i turned them all by hand and one of them just feels e little different like tis a little bit harder to turn then the other ones. Not very different but noticable!

Should I get a new one? Can I fly with it until I get the new one?

Dont wanna see it fall from the sky :(

You'll quickly notice if its faulty when you hover, just don't fly far away or high up till you feel comfortable.

I would suggest a few mins of hover, then checking the motor temperature. (By touching them)
If the 'faulty' motor is warmer then the rest, there is something wrong.

If its also making a different sound when turning, chances are that it has bad bearings, these can be replaced and only cost a dollar each. (2 in each motor)

Eik said:
You'll quickly notice if its faulty when you hover, just don't fly far away or high up till you feel comfortable.

I would suggest a few mins of hover, then checking the motor temperature. (By touching them)
If the 'faulty' motor is warmer then the rest, there is something wrong.

If its also making a different sound when turning, chances are that it has bad bearings, these can be replaced and only cost a dollar each. (2 in each motor)

How difficult is it to change these bearings? Is there a YouTube video available?

Or, based on what some flyers have reported, just swap the bearings around with other motors and see if that resolves it! (I have a new set standing by in case I ever need them, but I will certainly try mixing up the existing ones first)

In the second video he did not clean the bearing, he just greased it. You should clean the bearings before greasing them. I prefer to use an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner to clean the bearings. Blow them off with a can of dust off, then grease them. I always grease bearings, it lasts twice as long as oiling them.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj