How did you get to the Aux power cable on your Phantom 2?

Reaction score
:cool: I really dont want to open up my Phantom 2 shell so I would like to know if you were able to get to the Aux power cable on through the hole in the leg.
Now the reason I am hesitant to open my phantom. I just moved from a Blade 350 and that heli had screws that bit into plastic so after one removal the screws lost their bite.

I

Re: How did you get to the Aux power cable on your Phantom 2

I don't know about phantom two. On the version 1.1.1 there is an aux power cable behind one of the plugs at the top od the leg. Just open up the case and pop it through. Don't worry the phantom is a much higher quality bulld than the blade 350. I didn't even come close to strippng any threads when I opened mine. Just curious how were you intending to connect said power cable after you put it through the leg hole without opening the phantom?

I've had mine for 6 weeks and have opened it about as many times. Some people have had issues with stripped bolt heads but that can be avoided if you use the right tools and take your time. You'll be opening it at some point. Might as well get intimate with your Phantom sooner than later.

You can use the RED/BROWN part of the YELLOW/BROWN/RED/BROWN wire harness that comes out of the bottom. It's always on.

I'm the same as Ian, I've had mine opened and in pieces so many times in the last few weeks for various mods and fixes. I've not seen any degradation in the screw bite though….

Just a word of warning…. don’t be tempted to use thread-lock! I did initially and ended up having to buy a whole new shell and moving everything across to it. The P2 plastic is way too lightweight to use that sort of stuff on. If you think your screws are losing their bite just buy a replacement P2 screw pack which all come with new ‘blue stuff’ on them. As Ian said, if you use the correct tools from the outset (and take your time), everything will be fine.

Thanks for the help guys. I pick up a good set of drivers to do the needed work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj