How did this happen? Crashed under a bridge

Reaction score
YES, you can all call me an idiot...I did it. I crashed my Phantom 3 Professional. I am in China and was flying on a great sunny day. Thought I would get a great shot under a bridge with the city behind it. I had a clear view of what was around me and saw nothing in the way of the drone while flying...so I went under the bridge and it shot left And then this happened...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438491798.654755.jpg

If you look closely you can see bird. I ran over and thought it was in the water, but to my amazement it landed somehow on the concrete, but I have absolutely no way to get it.
I can't fly it out because it will hit the concrete.
I can't swim in to get it because there is no way to get out.
No way to use a rope or long shaft [emoji41] without risk of dumping it in water.

I am currently waiting for a boat after hours of trying to translate English into Chinese to try and explain what I need a boat for.

$$$$$$$$$$$

If you look closely you can see bird. I ran over and thought it was in the water, but to my amazement it landed somehow on the concrete, but I have absolutely no way to get it.
I can't fly it out because it will hit the concrete.
I can't swim in to get it because there is no way to get out.
No way to use a rope or long shaft [emoji41] without risk of dumping it in water.

I am currently waiting for a boat after hours of trying to translate English into Chinese to try and explain what I need a boat for.

$$$$$$$$$$$

As I was typing the above message, the drone was still stuck.

UPDATE!!!! ALL I CAN SAY IS: LUCK, LUCK, ALL LUCK!! After a couple hours I called the police and they promptly sent a police car to the bridge. After 30 min of talking they had my "drone rescue boat" there.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438497194.073431.jpg

I was amazed. They originally said they could call the boat but it would cost $$, I said whatever that's fine just get my phantom back. The boat came and the Chinese police were VERY helpful, unlike my experience in the past. They retuned my drone safely, no harm to drone except minimal scratch/dirt and the propeller must have hit top of bridge and grinded the top down:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438497500.904668.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438497550.894691.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438497610.290823.jpg

THE DRONE HAS BEEN RETURNED! I am so lucky and amazed how this all happened. I can't wait to review the footage!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438497694.067992.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438497874.848906.jpg

Congratulations sir,you are the lucky guy,don't fly under the bridge next time,it is crashing easily,what is this place located at China?

Best thread up to now

Funny as fook. I've actually been laughing out loud - Good work to get it back.

Having the plums to start taking pics when the cop is fishing it out of the net - priceless, especially in China.

How much did it cost btw?

Last edited:
Let's see the video then.
Dam lucky with that not getting wet
Best thread up to now

Funny as fook. I've actually been laughing out loud - Good work to get it back.

Having the plums to start taking pics when the cop is fishing it out of the net - priceless, especially in China.

How much did it cost btw?

Awesome. Fair play to the Chinese Police. The Yank Police would have shot you!
Luck is an understatement - prop looks awesome. That video needs to go viral.
Defo - must include the pics after the video!

HAHA Looking back now the whole process was luck and hilarious! It ended out costing nothing! They just said "ok, have nice day sir" .... I was like foooooookkkkk yeah, you guys are ROWDY!!

Here is the link to the video:
---- ENJOY, but not too much ----

Man you so lucky. The quad was trying to attempt a return to home its looks like and it was grinding into the concrete under the curvature of the bridge until it got caught on the bridge foundation. Soooo lucky. The amount of metal and concrete in that bridge also could have caused some strange behavior I assume.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1