How deep do they think our pockets are?

Reaction score
Let's face it,
we've all only had our PV2 units for a relatively short time (bugs and all) and the PV2 as with any first generation has its draw backs on design, but I'm going to resist the carrot on a stick and enjoy what I forked out 1300 hard earned for. As a big boys toy it will do me for now. Might explain why DJI in their shooting of the unboxing and flight videos on the Phantom Vision stalled after the first re-shoot. Always pays to skip a generation and avoid the sales hype, let them work the bugs out, mod their product and see if they can better themselves on the next re worked unit. Love to see DJI get their customer support base worked out, after the Collin Guinn saga, and establish better support globally before trying to dazzle us with the next line of phantoms. They've still got some work in front of them regaining my confidence in there product with all the software rewrites and debugging, if it was a Car you'd never be in the drivers seat with all the product recalls you'd be put through.

They're definitely still selling them, big time. Probably to the worldwide group of first-time buyers—like me.

Birdman said:
They're definitely still selling them, big time. Probably to the worldwide group of first-time buyers—like me.
Must be getting grumpy in my old age...lol

I agree , I wish they had a upgrade path with these. But some people would buy a new model every month if it came out.
I have know idea were some of these people get all there money ? I'm jealous !

You gotta pay to play. When you made your first purchase, you had the option for the P2 which is upgradable or P2V which is not upgradable. $1300 for this technology is very inexpensive. Every other decent quadcopter option is much more expensive.

Look I understand , compared to years ago it's cheaper, but can we ***** a little ? Everyone knows the technology moves fast. BUT every 3-4 months is a little too quick. It's like we didn't give you what we promised the first time , shitty gimbal , crappy camera.
Even the the iPhone doesn't move that fast.
Look I'm not new at this, I've spent a lot of money for 40 years in this hobby , and to me these are more exciting than any other part of Rc I've been in. And of course I don't have to buy a new model every time it comes out.
But don't you feel like dji should at least fix some of their " issues " before they release a new model ?
I've had naza since it came out, and how many times has dji have had a problem with shitty updates?
How many fly aways ? It's just ****** up that you have to hope someone does the update before you, so you know if it's safe to fly.
Don't get me wrong I realize that theirs a lot of people who buy these who don't and won't have a clue of how to set it up. And I'm sure a majority of these problems are pilot error.
I just ordered the + and can't wait to get it ( my addiction) but as usual they still didn't really upgrade the camera , and really no Zoom? How hard would that be ? That'll be the next "hook" !
Wouldn't be nice if you had a phantom platform that you could add a DJI gimbal, upgraded camera, or whatever else they dream up. Yeah I know phantom 2 gopro.
We'll I'm done ranting and rambling.

It's not 3-4 months though - Phantom Vison 2 was announced at NAB 2013 April 12 2013. Phantom Vison 2 Plus at NAB 2014.

Some may only have got theirs recently but 12 months is a long time in a fledgeling market like this, things change fast. Older Phantoms won't fall out of the sky due to this new one (well, no more than usual...), they will still support with updates etc, you can still fly just as happily as you were - you just won't have the latest all singing all dancing Phantom. Progress will always be faster than you want, it's the price we pay for better features.

Things change, things improve, that's life. I'm quite happy with my iPhone 4s as I was with my 3Gs and 3 before it. I've never had a contract, I've always picked up cheap, perfectly good used models from those who are daft enough to always want "the latest one...". I may be one model or so behind them, but it does what I need it to and I've saved £££'s in the process.

You pick your moment to upgrade when a feature appears that you feel justified in paying the price for. Until then, just enjoy flying !

For those who worry about frequent upgrades, there's a foolproof solution. Buy the item, enjoy it, and stop surfing the web looking for any upgrades! What you don't know won't bother you. But then there are those who have the addiction of needing to own the latest--like me.

I agree.. I love the vision +, they just came out with, but right now I'm stuck with a vision 2, that I've only been able to fly 1/2 dz times since new.. Fix the **** compass problems first, then get a better support system for repair.. When I first started having problems, I e-mailed DJI.. Took them about a week and a half to get back to me.. And then there's my dealer-- multirotorheli in Calgary.. Had my copter for a month, and now after receiving it back yesterday, I find it's still not fixed..

obiwan_pierogi said:
I agree.. I love the vision +, they just came out with, but right now I'm stuck with a vision 2, that I've only been able to fly 1/2 dz times since new.. Fix the **** compass problems first, then get a better support system for repair.. When I first started having problems, I e-mailed DJI.. Took them about a week and a half to get back to me.. And then there's my dealer-- multirotorheli in Calgary.. Had my copter for a month, and now after receiving it back yesterday, I find it's still not fixed..

Our pocket depthless. I believe at the and of year something new will come out. Obiwan regret to hear. I am at sea, finishing my 3 months contract and leavin Mexico tonight but jak just get a phone call that my father was playing a little and "from uknown reason bird falled down" **** happens i cant even see damages or even if bird is still i one peace.

Pierogi, you're fm PL?

It's not all about money, I'm sure most of us have the money, it's the point that they need to get it working right before the next one comes out.

I agree.. I just want a copter that works properly.. I would buy a new one in an instant, if I knew it was going to fly, as seen on all the dji videos

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik