How cold

Reaction score
Since this is my 1st year with my P1,how cold of a temp can you fly. .im in NY so it gets cold.

Keep RC Lipo batteries warm (room temp) and/or next to your body while outside in cold weather.

Once you start using them, they’ll heat internally to some extent and ‘can usually avoid cold temperature induced voltage sag.

As far as what temps for RC Lipo packs/bricks. Anything below 50F you’ll be able to notice. 30F and below will become severely compromised and 15F pretty much forget it.

But, start with ‘em warm and they should be okay for at least several minutes. Depends how cold it is outside...

Reactions: kjar211
The published specs also say it works down to about 32° F (0° C). I was thinking the same thing, that it might be fun to get some good skiing shots. But it looks like we'll have to wait for those sunny 40° days when there's still snow on the ground.

Reactions: kjar211
Staying with the "cold" theme . . . for those experienced. Have you run into any lens issues (fogging, condensation, or even frost)?

-- zigs

Oh wow. Hoping I could get some nice snow shots this winter

I got my first 2 phantoms in Jan this year. A week later Ohio got snow and sub 20 degree weather for next 3 months almost daily.

Had no choice so out I went and flew many many hours in 0F to 10F temps, in light snow , day and night. It was great and flew fine. I caveat, PROPS are brittle at that temp range and very easy to snap.

i wonder if anything would get damaged flying in light snow or would it short out

Short is possible, if it goes through the small vent holes. Once you come back in, the snow might melt and get some water to contact some of the electronics

True the vents I assume are to release heat but bring its cold it may not be needed

DJI states on the website the Phantom 1's operating temperature range is -10 to 50 degrees Celsius, That's 14F to 122F.

Since this is my 1st year with my P1,how cold of a temp can you fly. .im in NY so it gets cold.
i was able to fly my P1 for about 10 minutes, and the temps were hovering in the mid-20's (F). I was able to get some great video flying over a frozen river near my home.

In Winter I expect to have about half of the flight time. anything extra I consider good luck and I stay relatively closer to my starting point just in case anything happens:)

DJI states on the website the Phantom 1's operating temperature range is -10 to 50 degrees Celsius, That's 14F to 122F.

true but they work fine as far as flying etc below those temps no problem. even my vision plus and the camera works, gimbal can stiffen some tho.

The REAL problem at those temps are the darn fingers!!!

good luck and have fun flying

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik