How can you tell when the TX batteries are going Flat?

Reaction score
Still using the same AA batteries in my TX. How do you know when they are going flat?

denodan said:
Still using the same AA batteries in my TX. How do you know when they are going flat?

My guess would be when your gut tells you it's time - replace them. I am however wondering the same?

from the Phantom manual:

When the voltage is lower than 4V, the transmitter will alarm with sound of “BB............”, please change the batteries

Dont do as I did, when turning on the TX saw rapid red flashes from the LED and changed the batteries :oops:
the red flashing means linking between TX and RX, it should change to a stable red light after a little while.

telecaster said:
Dont do as I did, when turning on the TX saw rapid red flashes from the LED and changed the batteries :oops:
the red flashing means linking between TX and RX, it should change to a stable red light after a little while.

the Tx and Rx do not communicate back and forth. the Tx transmits, and the Rx receives.
the Tx has no idea if it's connected to the Rx

telecaster said:
from the Phantom manual:

When the voltage is lower than 4V, the transmitter will alarm with sound of “BB............”, please change the batteries

I tested indoor without props, simulating flying after BEEP ... BEEP on battery low TX.
Bored after 38 minutes and 3 phantom battery change...TX still working with "low batteries"... So after TX battery beep alert, you can use it at least 20 more minutes ( at your own risk :shock: ). DJI wrote: don't worry... After beep alert your TX keep working, just replace your batteries as soon as possible. ;)

jumanoc said:
telecaster said:
from the Phantom manual:

I tested indoor without props, simulating flying after BEEP ... BEEP on battery low TX.
Bored after 38 minutes and 3 phantom battery change...TX still working with "low batteries"... So after TX battery beep alert, you can use it at least 20 more minutes ( at your own risk :shock: ). DJI wrote: don't worry... After beep alert your TX keep working, just replace your batteries as soon as possible. ;)
I wonder how much TX range is affected when you get the low battery warning? Testing indoors will not reveal any deficiencies in range.

Gizmo3000 said:
the Tx and Rx do no communicate back and forth. the Tx transmits, and the Rx receives.
the Tx has no idea if it's connected to the Rx
Well Sir, I never said they did, I just said they were doing the linking sing and dance number.
(after 45 years of using RC equipment, I sort of agree with you that in most cases a TX only send
and an RX only recieves :ugeek: )
Here is what DJI says:
Phantom-en15.png

Its the other way around, the RX links to the TX, thats one of the reasons why the TX should be on first,
but if the bindprocess has been done, in most cases the RX will link to its TX even if the TX is switched
on after.
BUT another reason why the TX always should be turned on first is that in some cases the RX can/will
go into failsafe mode it its turned on and does not find a TX to link with.
In that case if will start up its engines and try to lift 30 meters before going home, and can
cause serious injuries doing so....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj