How can I prevent from flying FPV with bad batteries?

Reaction score
I just took the battery fresh off the charger and started flying FPV with my goggles. There was no LED indication that the battery was low. I usually start bringing my quad back after 4 minutes of flying with the gimbal, but the quad didn't even last two minutes in the air. Luckily, after i couldnt gain anymore altitude i flew it back ASAP and itcrashed fary low the ground.

My question is, is there a way i can know the battery is low when flying FPV? (I use goggles)

MikeyMinimo said:
I just took the battery fresh off the charger and started flying FPV with my goggles. There was no LED indication that the battery was low. I usually start bringing my quad back after 4 minutes of flying with the gimbal, but the quad didn't even last two minutes in the air. Luckily, after i couldnt gain anymore altitude i flew it back ASAP and itcrashed fary low the ground.

My question is, is there a way i can know the battery is low when flying FPV? (I use goggles)
Yup. Install an OSD (I use firebug - FBOSD) and it will show the battery voltage (among other things) in the video feed.

Saw someone one utube that put a fiber optic cable next to led light and ran it to the side of his gopro lens so he could see light indicators on screen. Thought it looked like a cheap fix.

Dskier79 said:
Saw someone one utube that put a fiber optic cable next to led light and ran it to the side of his gopro lens so he could see light indicators on screen. Thought it looked like a cheap fix.

yah,. who wants a flashing light in their video!?

I've seen a couple people who mounted their dedicated FPV camera's on a small boom at he back of their craft so they could see the rear LED and the whole craft in front while flying FPV.

But it does seem much more ideal to run OSD.
I'm looking to get an OSD when I built my next craft,. anyone know all the options? not looking to blow a wad tho

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik