How can i discharge battery with no drone ?

Reaction score
Hi, i sent my P3 for repair, They told me that i can keep the battery. But it is at 89% which can damage the battery:/ And i dont Get my drone mabye 3-4 weeks. Is it an possible way to discharge it without the drone ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You can leave your battery the way it is. Several weeks won't damage a battery. Several months just might. The batteries have a self discharge function in them, RTFM all about it.

Just put it in a corner with it's little blanket and tell it that the drone will be back soon.....

It will start discharging autimatically in 1- 10 days depending in whatvyou have it set on in the ap.Takes about 2 days to discharge once it begins.

It will start discharging autimatically in 1- 10 days depending in whatvyou have it set on in the ap.Takes about 2 days to discharge once it begins.
And remember, it holds the charge at about 50% which is where LiPos like to live when they are on vacation. No worries for a change.

DJI screws up at times but the engineering in these things is really pretty sophisticated.

Reactions: Ben Sandwith
Also don't try to switch on everyday to check if it is discharging.

These batteries know how to take care of them, leave them alone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic