How are you using your batteries

Reaction score
Presently I have 4 batteries with 2 relatives newer than the other 2. I'm mainly wearing down 1 or 2 of them, hope some day I can still have some relatively new batteries for some important tasks. I am wondering how you guys are using yours, taking turns wear them down evenly or concentrate on using 1 or 2 of them ?

I have two batteries and use them alternately. I hardly ever fly longer than 10 minutes, so I can usually fly one each battery twice before fully recharging them (although that is not usually the case). I can't imagine needing any more.

slothead said:
I have two batteries and use them alternately. I hardly ever fly longer than 10 minutes, so I can usually fly one each battery twice before fully recharging them (although that is not usually the case). I can't imagine needing any more.

Pretty much the same..have 2 and alternate them. I can see how having 4 would be ideal for longer period sessions of flight from same location..and then recharging from car would make a great day out.

I have three and labeled them and try to use them 1,2,3,1.....

And mine normally only get 1/2 used and recharged.

i have 2 and use one most of the time and only use the second if i want more flight time. when my used battery gives in i will only need to buy 1 battery to be back to where i am. using 2 or 3 equally will make it longer till you need to buy another battery, but you will need 2 or 3 in a short space of time.

Check out this article on proper care and storage of LiPo batteries.
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html
Particularly the section on breaking in and storage, near the end.

The batteries you have sitting on a shelf and not using may not last any longer than the ones you use regularly.
Yes, you can only re charge them so many times, but they also have a shelf life. Storing them with too much charge or too little charge will damage them.
I would rotate them all so they all last longer

I have three batteries. They are numbered. I rotate them and keep track of recharges so that all have about the same wear. Once they are beyond 50% of their lifetime, I will start working new ones into the rotation and retire the ones which run down too quickly. This assumes, of course, no catastrophic damage to the Phantom, which will render them useless.

You probably should have mentioned your question was about the Smart Battery for the quad. I had it in my mind you were referring to the Controller because you had said 4 batteries.

I have 4 smart batteries as well, and I rotate 3 and leave the 4th on the shelf. I don't have any good reason for the 4th not being in the mix with the rest of them either.

cahutch said:
Check out this article on proper care and storage of LiPo batteries.
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html
Particularly the section on breaking in and storage, near the end.

The batteries you have sitting on a shelf and not using may not last any longer than the ones you use regularly.
Yes, you can only re charge them so many times, but they also have a shelf life. Storing them with too much charge or too little charge will damage them.
I would rotate them all so they all last longer

I have 4 in my case and there all at 100%.
I put the case every day in the trunk of my car so I can use it any moment :mrgreen:
I know 100% is not very good, but I want to use it at any moment.
Thats were I have him for ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 380
M.Tigelaar said:
I have 4 in my case and there all at 100%.
I put the case every day in the trunk of my car so I can use it any moment :mrgreen:
I know 100% is not very good, but I want to use it at any moment.
Thats were I have him for ;)

+1
I do the same but I only have 2 batteries. I alternate them so I am getting pretty even use out of each one of them. I should pick up a couple more though.

Same here, i have 2 and alternate between the two, already on 30 plus flights each and never had any problems with them, i did discharge/charge them as dji recommends at 20 cycles and the contacts are kept clean with contact cleaner. :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik