How are you activating your standard?

Reaction score
How are you Standard owners activating your aircraft? I have the DJI GO app and the manual says to connect to the wifi and then open the app to activate. The wifi network is not showing up. When I open the app, I get an announcement that Phantom 3 Standard requires firmware v1.1.30. There is no firmware on the Standard download page. The Standard page does no list Samsung Galaxy S3 as compatible but people are saying that their S3s are working fine. I don't understand. I got my Standard on Sept 12th after it shipped out on Sept 4th. Are there any changes on how to activate that I don't know about yet?

I activated my P3S on the 10th sept, and to do so I turned on my phantom (rotor blades not attached) and the controller. Sync to the phantom to the phantom wifi on my phone (iPhone 6) and opened the DJI go app, once opened I was promoted with a firmware update. Then I simply selected update and let it do its thing.
Although before I took it for a flight I had to do a second update which was slightly longer and involved the same process.

The firmware update on the Standard is accomplished through the app. There will be a banner at the top of the app home page to click to start the update. Remote and aircraft must be on, gimbal guard off.

Off course you need to be able to connect to wifi and I can't help you there if it is not showing up under the wifi settings on your Galaxy.

The firmware update on the Standard is accomplished through the app. There will be a banner at the top of the app home page to click to start the update. Remote and aircraft must be on, gimbal guard off.

Off course you need to be able to connect to wifi and I can't help you there if it is not showing up under the wifi settings on your Galaxy.
I see other networks but no phantom network. Is the Phantom network specifically designed for compatible devices? If so then that would explain it. But I would think that the network would show up anywhere. I even tried resetting the Wi-Fi and the LED on the remote just flashes continuously but nothing happens.

I talk to DJ I and after going through all the troubleshooting steps that I've already been through, I am getting a replacement standard. Apparently it must be a Wi-Fi defect. The WiFi network does not show up on 5 devices, three of which are listed as compatible.

Crap, very frustrating even if you had instructions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20