How accurate are NFZ??

Reaction score
Going to Hawaii in March. Our resort is real close to a NFZ. Will I have any problems flying away from the NFZ as long as I'm not in it am I safe. I think the resort might be about a 1/4 mile away. Here is a pic of the NFZ and I circled the beach in red.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-23-17-28-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-23-17-28-36.jpg
    820.7 KB · Views: 352
Hello

Bigger issue is you are flying in a national wildlife refuge. Drones may not be allowed there period.

TFR Data Elements

Do you have the link for the prohibition of UAV's over Wildlife Refuges? I've been reading what I can find and I don't see a blanket prohibition of UAV's over refuges.

From the feds.us:
The FAA provides guidance (link is external) on “Flights Over Charted U.S. Wildlife Refuges, Parks, and Forest Service Areas”. Per this guidance, federal laws prohibit certain types of flight activity and/or provide altitude restrictions over “designated Forest Service Areas.” UAS are considered to be "mechanized” equipment and cannot take off and land in designated Wilderness Areas on National Forest System lands.

Here's the 'external link' in the above quote.
http://www.faa.gov/news/press_releases/news_story.cfm?newsId=16474

I do see on some refuges near me prohibit UAV flight, but other refuges fall under standard guidance regulations.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4