How about some Good news?

I have been flying for 1 year and 8 months. Hundreds of flights although I cant give an exact number.

I'm close to 300 and have plenty of horror stories I can tell.

Jacob said:
I have been flying for 1 year and 8 months. Hundreds of flights although I cant give an exact number.

Have you ever had to change batteries due to lifetime? 1y8m seems a lot of flights lol
Also, any flyaway or disaster?

Jacob said:

Have you ever had to change batteries due to lifetime? 1y8m seems a lot of flights lol
Also, any flyaway or disaster?

Well....
Good news to me anyway...

I crashed my P2V+ into the bottom of this Bridge..Yesterday...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131209301@N06/16651860180/

The underside of the Bridge..is probably 50ft above the water... as I watched my 4mo old Phantom tumble out of control towards the water.. I applied max 'up' on the stick..and about 3 feet before impacting the water.. She started Flying!

I was shocked.. other than some chewed props..and flashing all-red LED's at the time.. (battery connection error) It's all good.

I was a little too far away to tell I hadnt cleared the bridge... before trying to accelerate up..and away.. after roughly 250 flights..I was just feeling too comfortable flying around water..since I do it daily I suppose..

Anyway..I feel like I have a second chance... hahaha...
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4heRppOmAcc[/youtube]

Omg that's the luckiest I've seen. Nice recovery :)

I love how anytime someone (myself included) makes contact with an object, there's like a ten second shot of hovering in the video as the pilot starts to breath again.

Hundreds of flights.... I would suspect somewhere around 300 but it could be more. I have to test fly peoples rigs when they send them in and I repair or upgrade them. I have had zero failures or flyaways, a little toilet bowling but nothing that couldnt be compensated for.

Now some other manufacturers and some one off custom rigs I have had some seriously scary times. :eek:

Good news and bad news.

First: P2V (Dec 2013) - has flow 146 flights and still works fine
Second: P2V+ (April 2014) - has flown 150 flights and still works fine (upgraded to new motors/ESCs in Jan 2015 after one ESC went bad after 120 flights)
Third: P2V2 (Dec 2014) - 29 no problem flights, then augered into the Pacific 1/2 mile out with no warning on flight 30. $1700 down the drain.

That's one catastrophic failure in 325 flights. Other than that one issue, they have all been solid. I have hit nearly 70mph, flown 2.5 miles away, 7.5 miles in a flight, at high altitudes, and in 25mph winds, in various countries and states. The P2V+ is going with me to to Nepal in a few weeks.

I have had my P2V+ for 11 months and have made 310 flights. I have never broken a propeller and have had only one tip over. For the first 100 flights prop guards were installed. All remaining flights were without prop guards.

I've got a FC40 that runs into whatever is around and keeps on going and going and... :D

It's like that bunny in the battery commercial, except better.

lignow,
We need to discuss this "high altitude" thing.
Most folks are at or near sea level and it's a whole different world where we fly.

Yes, no, maybe?

You want good news, here you go.
I've recently discovered some kind of crazy flying machine called the Phantom. It's like another reason to live.
Fun city. :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4