Hovering - water

You would be very safe if you fly above the range of visual positioning system.

You would be very safe if you fly above the range of visual positioning system.
Ummm, a learner here... "the range of visual positioning system" - now I will have to read up on that :)

in just one word, does that mean it won't drop into the ocean ? ?

No, it won't. Read more on VPS as how it makes AC stable for low altitudes and what happens when it flies over water ripples and reflecting surfaces.

Also try to read how and when GPS is used to make AC flying stably.

Reactions: Mainey . . .
No, it isn't going to drop. However, the VPS doesn't hold position well over water because of the indestinct and changing patterns on the surface. Generally recommended to turn VPS off over water and just depend on the altimeter and GPS.

I fly 99% of the time over water with VPS turned off and have NO ISSUES>
Your doing this just so you can fly super close to the water right? Just curious. Becuase I did this with my P4's last year but have not messed with it below 6-8ft or so on my P4P. It wants to jockey it's altitude a little bit I think at around 6ft or so doesn't it?

Your doing this just so you can fly super close to the water right? Just curious. Becuase I did this with my P4's last year but have not messed with it below 6-8ft or so on my P4P. It wants to jockey it's altitude a little bit I think at around 6ft or so doesn't it?
Mainly I film ships and such over the Delaware River in Philadelphia..However I will do a low fly from time to time...this was about 8-10 feet off the water.

Absolute must to turn off the downward sensors (under advanced vision settings) or your AC will act crazy when you get within 10 to 15 feet of the water surface, especially if it fast moving water.

Reactions: DaRana
Mainly I film ships and such over the Delaware River in Philadelphia..However I will do a low fly from time to time...this was about 8-10 feet off the water.
That looked great man. You were cooking pretty good there. Was that Sport and did you speed that footage up any?

Reactions: Neon Euc

WOW!!

That is awesome video!! Flying over water is scary and my drone gets VERY squirrelly over water -- especially waterfalls/fast moving white water. I've read several places to turn OFF the VPL before flying over water but I'm too chicken!!!!

WOW!!

That is awesome video!! Flying over water is scary and my drone gets VERY squirrelly over water -- especially waterfalls/fast moving white water. I've read several places to turn OFF the VPL before flying over water but I'm too chicken!!!!
I've never had VPL on always leave off.

Reactions: deltamike

What part of Philadelphia you are from? I live in the northeast.

BK and Maco...

I'm in SJ, Gloucester County. We should hook up to fly local. There's lots I need to learn [emoji15]

P3P
Nvidia Shield K1

Have yet to fly her!

WSC

Last edited:
Reactions: bkushner

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member