Houston...we have a problem. I need help!

Reaction score
well tonight I put a gimbal on I bought used from a guy on ebay. He said it worked fine and it seemed to. I also threw some extended landing gear on that I had made on my 3d printer. So on the phantoms (p1.1.1.1) maiden voyage I took it up to about 6-8 feet and let it hover it seemed to do ok. I let it hover there about 10 seconds or so then brought it back down to turn on the gopro. I took it out a bit and started a loop to see how she would do. Then all the sudden it pulled hard to the right (I think) and there wasn't much I could do and I put it into my parents roof. Bent a prop and tore up the landing gear...a few scuffs and scrapes but nothing that couldn't be fixed. Then I though "I forgot to recalibrate the compass" got the ladder out and got the thing down and licked my wounds and was gong to pack it in for the night then I thought " I got 3 good landing gear yet and I wonder if the compass was the real problem". So I calibrated the compass and propped the phantom up and took her up again with dangly landing and all. I took it up and let it hover for a bit and it seemed ok. I took it straight out and it seemed to drift a bit so I brought it back closer to land it. As I flew it around my general area I noticed it started to pull hard again (right I think again). I had full left slide on it to try to keep it under control but there was no hope. I pointed toward the softest looking small tree in its general area and put it in it on purpose. Better to tweak some already bent props than let it really get moving and do some real damage or fly away completely. I had complete control of up and down just that right stick controls were not responding like they normally do.

I was flying in GPS and CL mode and I let it get full lock before I even started the props spinning. I did also try to do an advanced calibrate now that I think about it on my computer but it quit half way because it said the phantom was to hot it needed to cool off. Any ideas? Also I couldn't get the pitch control to work for the gimbal. Looking back I should have waited and done some more prep before I took it up. But im just wondering if you guys can point me in the right direction so I don't foul it up again. I will load the video when I get done looking at it my self. Thanks in advance

yeah i thought that may be my problem....Purely my fault also. My wife wanted me to do something so i walked away from the phantom and thought "ill do that again here in a bit". Aaaaaaaand I didnt LOL. Any idea on the gimbal not tilting? i did the one wire way like this video shows. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeE-ZOH9seg . Do i need the other 2 wires? I dont know for sure if mine is a "goodluckbuy" one or not because the guy i got it off of didnt know. He said he paid $150 for it and was only selling it because he got a P2V+

The "MC too hot" message when doing the IMU calibration is a long-time known bug in the NAZA Assistant software and can be ignored, just click past it and run it again.

When you turned on the gopro, are you sure the wifi didn't get turned on as well?

If you can post a pic or two of the gimbal we can identify exactly what model you have and that can help with troubleshooting your issue.

here are a couple pictures of it. Any help is greatly appreciated! Also thanks for all the help already. Its good to know a guy can ask questions and confirm his stupidity LOL

Attachments

• 20140615_064744.jpg
    20140615_064744.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 379
  • 20140615_064752.jpg
    20140615_064752.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 399
  • 20140615_064811.jpg
    20140615_064811.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 357

Recent Posts

Members online