House/Land video + Height Testing

Reaction score
Took my phantom out to a friend's house where he has 160+ acres, so I could fly around testing range and stuff

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4bBjyYFvVY[/youtube]

Went 120m (393.701 feet) up and 450m (1476.38 feet) away horizontally. (not at the same time).

I found that reception on my FPV screen was good until I turned around to come home, at which point the screen went completely black.

Anyone know if it has to do with antenna positions or something? I haven't done any research yet, but figured I'd include it in this post incase someone knew something.

Cheers

NickCopter said:
I found that reception on my FPV screen was good until I turned around to come home, at which point the screen went completely black.

Anyone know if it has to do with antenna positions or something? I haven't done any research yet, but figured I'd include it in this post incase someone knew something.

Cheers
What is your FPV setup?
Transmitter:
Monitor:
Receiver:
Antennas:

Zinnware said:
NickCopter said:

Cheers
What is your FPV setup?
Transmitter:
Monitor:
Receiver:
Antennas:

admittedly I don't know the specs of everything as I bought mine off some guy on craigslist. :?

I just assumed that most basic setups were the same

thanks for the help, I'll look into what I have and try and find a more optimal setup haha

Andrey320 said:
Line of sight...

I could see the bird 100% of the time, unless you mean that when its facing towards me the antennas aren't in line of sight?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1