Hours until deadline. ..who has not Registered

Reaction score
Well it's hours before Deadline who has not registered there DRONE?

Kevin

I registered, might as well. All it takes is a cop who knows the rules then you could potentially be out of ~$27,000.

I did notice that 2-3 weeks ago I got my $5 credited back on my credit card

[WIKI][/WIKI]I registered On Jan 20th A day before the 5 dollars was supposedly to be refunded to all who registered before Jan 21st. We'll it's now Feb 19th & Still no refund check in the mail. That doesn't concern me as much as that I do not have any formal paperwork to prove that my bird is "Leagal & registered". All I have is the registration # they gave me after completing the registration process & money transfer. That number I just wrote down. I would think they would have @ Least mailed a formal letter with my registration # printed on it,.& maybe an apology saying my 5 dollars is in limbo somewhere...LoL!

Just got my bird, could some one post a link to what your talking about. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: JKDSensei
Yeah, I registered as soon as I got my Quad. I think rules are too broad and need refinement. While I follow the guidelines, should I slip up accidentally, I don't want to be that guy they make an example of...

I do not feel the need to register my "toys" with the Feds

I generally feel the government does not do things simply to make us safer.
Generally it does things to make revenue or exert unnecessary or unConstitutional control, with "public safety" as the front. While most were predictably suckered in by the $5.00 "early sucker fee refund", I'm pretty sure that this whole thing was designed to make money eventually. It wouldn't surprise me if drone operator fines end up financing the FAA and then some. After all, there are more drone operators now than pilots by a wide margin. And the FAA can't afford to lose it's pilots in significant numbers....but drone operators, lol, you are 100% expendable.

IMO, This was just another government trick, power/money grab. Nearly 45,000 people were killed in auto accidents in 2015. Yet no "significant" laws pertaining to one rising cause (texting while driving) has been introduced in the 50 states. Only a few weak ones. Why?
Drunk driving, one of the MAJOR known causes of auto related fatalities that wrecks tens of thousands of lives annually has maximum fines of 10,000 in most states. I have personally seen people caught over the legal limit and released by LEOs. (madness)

Meanwhile, how many deaths related to drones have occurred? None. Yet the FINE for being caught flying an un-registered toy can reach $250,000??....while the fine for being caught texting while driving maxes out at $150 in most states with little or no enforcement.
This is pure, in your face, unadulterated madness folks.

Beginning December 21, 2015, the FAA will require all drones ("SUA" in FAA terminology) weighing between 0.55 and 55 pounds to be registered before operating outdoors. Failure to register can result in stiff penalties, which can include fines of up to $27,000 or, where criminal liability has been found, a fine of up to $250,000 and up to three years in jail.

These penalties are stiffer than standard maximum Drunk driving AND Texting While Driving fines COMBINED !!

If you don't find this odd, I question you. You've been had....willingly in most cases. THIS is prima facie evidence of government gone awry. Who, in their right mind, can argue this?

Will it stop morons from doing stupid things? Sure it will. because "morons" and "idiots" are known to follow rules and terrorist always follow regulations. I could explain what could have been done instead, but this post is already too long.

Let's see what happens over the next 12 months in terms of people being fined for all kinds of silly infractions now that authorities can nail the owner. We've already seen the FAA's willingness to levy a 1.9 MILLION dollar fine for simply flying a drone without hurting anyone and $10,000 fine for another so they DEFINITELY are seeing a cash cow. Should be interesting. The scariest part of ALL of this for me is the number of people who eagerly jumped on the "chance" to register.

My drones are parked as of today. The law "might" be amended to include and enforce registration for simple ownership soon tho.

Obviously, I'm not happy with this ;)

Last edited:
Well it's hours before Deadline who has not registered there DRONE?

Kevin
It is not a DRONE registration. It is a unnamed Aircraft System registration. Quad copters. Helicopters, RC Airplanes, and RC jets and any other model that can fly that falls within the guidelines.

Yup, Just like the 'type' used for Amateur Radio you are basically registering yourself. Your call-sign is used regardless of which radio or frequency you're using.

Reactions: Gary E and QuadBart
Yup, Just like the 'type' used for Amateur Radio you are basically registering yourself. Your call-sign is used regardless of which radio or frequency you're using.

Yup...another government bureaucracy raking in cash in fines in the name of making us "safer"...except the fines the FCC imposes are not a large as those imposed on people flying their toys.

Reactions: Gary E
One of the rules is that if you plan to use your drone outside the US, you must register on paper and not on-line. I plan on taking my P3A with me on cruise later on, so I figure I have to do the paper option.

So, when you click on the link to register by paper, guess what? You can't use an on-line form to complete and mail in. No, that would just make too much sense. You have to go to an FAA Agency to track down the correct form to use.

. A completed Aircraft Registration Application, AC Form 8050-1.
This is complete utter BS. Guess I'll have to register on-line and forget the quad when I go abroad

One of the rules is that if you plan to use your drone outside the US, you must register on paper and not on-line. I plan on taking my P3A with me on cruise later on, so I figure I have to do the paper option.

So, when you click on the link to register by paper, guess what? You can't use an on-line form to complete and mail in. No, that would just make too much sense. You have to go to an FAA Agency to track down the correct form to use.

. A completed Aircraft Registration Application, AC Form 8050-1.
This is complete utter BS. Guess I'll have to register on-line and forget the quad when I go abroad

Sorry you have to go through all that. Remember when it was a "hobby" ?

Reactions: yorlik
I have not. and I'm still going to fly. To many court cases at bay currently and the new bills that are going through the system. What the hell does one to do...

I think they'll either realize they went nuts with the rules and tone it down....

or...start levying fines.
Remember, when they levied the 1.9 million dollar fine they didn't have the legal standing to back it.

Now they do.

It is not a DRONE registration. It is a unnamed Aircraft System registration. Quad copters. Helicopters, RC Airplanes, and RC jets and any other model that can fly that falls within the guidelines.
Umm....this is a DRONE forum however.
And you aren't registering your RC aircraft, you are registering yourself as the pilot (or "operator" if you prefer) of RC aircraft.

Reactions: ianwood
Why don't take your anti-government BS else where.

BS?
You're entitled to your opinions but so am I.
Rather than sniping and running, point out why I'm wrong if you can.

This is not appropriate.
Ignorance of fact doesn't make you right. The 1.9 million dollar case was real.
FAA seeks record $1.9 million fine from drone company SkyPan

Besides, I backed most of my statements with some sort of evidence.
If you don't like a post and can't reply cordially then don't reply.
Reported

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik