Hostage Situation (LOL)

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the average amount of time DJI holds your drone hostage during the repair process? I sent my P4P in for a gimble overload error using my Care Refresh. It has been at ready to ship for 3 days. I live less than an hour from the Southern California repair facility. Normal?
GgGmMyl.jpg
[/IMG]
GgGmMyl.jpg

I'm in the same boat. Except I just got a tracking number for ups yesterday. Email updates seem to come ok but that stage pic is off a bit. The tracking number and said delivered on same day. I'm thinking I'll get it at the end of next week. It took 4-5 days to get there. I just hope everything works out with the DJI repair because customer service is less than desirable.

Reactions: JetLife
S.E.R.T. (Special emergency response team) will spend time evaluating the situation (while eating krispy cremes). Then they will spend even more time laughing at the time it took to do a simple procedure while you waited at home all teary eyed about your loss of your best friend. Next they will send their slowest person to the FED-X store with your "Replacement"... I mean... "Fixed buddy", to "Rapidy" get it back into your loving arms. Bad news is the slow person got distracted while walking past the comic book store and hasn't been heard from since.

S.E.R.T. (Special emergency response team) will spend time evaluating the situation (while eating krispy cremes). Then they will spend even more time laughing at the time it took to do a simple procedure while you waited at home all teary eyed about your loss of your best friend. Next they will send their slowest person to the FED-X store with your "Replacement"... I mean... "Fixed buddy", to "Rapidy" get it back into your loving arms. Bad news is the slow person got distracted while walking past the comic book store and hasn't been heard from since.
Thanks for the comedy break. It took a lot of effort and time to write that response. The sad thing is; from what I heard about DJI customer service and lack of a sense of urgency on their customer's behalf; you are probably RIGHT ON with that story. lol

I just went to track the number. Says will deliver next thursday.
From what I was told (accuracy?) DJI likes to hold shipments until they get a "batch" that all need to be shipped. Probably saves them $2 or something. Sounds like they don't ship your bird when it is ready. They WAIT until they have a bunch that need to ship. If so, that's some straight bull.

I'm in Portland so I may run into you.... Or my Phantom will....

Can anyone tell me the average amount of time DJI holds your drone hostage during the repair process? I sent my P4P in for a gimble overload error using my Care Refresh. It has been at ready to ship for 3 days. I live less than an hour from the Southern California repair facility. Normal?
GgGmMyl.jpg
[/IMG]
GgGmMyl.jpg

I had a similar issue when I had to send mine back last May. It cruised through all of the processes, and then it sat in 'Shipment Preparation' for several days beyond the '2-3 days' mentioned in the text box.

So, I went to the DJI forum and posted a polite request that someone from DJI look at my case # and see about getting it shipped out. Later that day, I got a tracking #. Maybe it was just coincidence, or maybe it was not. I'll never know...

Update: Called DJI today and now my blood-pressure is elevated. The status timeline online is just a "estimation". Do not take it as truth. Care Fresh = SLOOOW. I don't know why they even bother showing you the repair progress online.

Everyone was right about DJI customer service. They are lucky that they have the market by the short and curlies. They know it too. Oh well. I'm just going to try to forget that they have my AC. Maybe I will get it back in time for the NEXT full Eclipse in my area. It has taken them 5 days to prepair it for shipping. The really frustrating part is that I am close enough to the repair facility that I can get there and back on my lunch hour. lol

GgGmMyl.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
If you live close to the repair facility. I will drive there and see if you can talk with a manager or supervisor.

Taqueria...

Last edited:
Your number came up in the drawing this morning. We work today!

DJI has so many similarities to the movie, "The Money Pit"

Your number came up in the drawing this morning. We work today!

DJI has so many similarities to the movie, "The Money Pit"
It sure seems like it. This is day 6 in the same "Shipping Preparation" stage. So, it looks like every bad Customer Service complaint I read in this forum pertaining to DJI was absolutely correct. They just don't care. "Mind over matter" They don't mind...because WE don't matter. :) I still have my Brother's Mavic until Sunday so at least I can get some flying in while I wait.

Time for their forum.

After my experience with DJI on the phone (no good); I am just going to wait it out. I am afraid that I will be rude if I deal with them again. The guy on the phone barely understood me, and I barely understood his thick accent. They could have found an American to work in their customer service location in California (just saying). That's just where we are now. I'm just going to learn my brother's Mavic a few more days. The range seems to be better than my P4P when flying in my usual area. Maybe I need a Mavic too! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen