Horseshoe Springs -- Skull Valley

Reaction score
Not far from a location I've posted video of before is an oasis in the desert that's popular with birds during migration as well as resident birds. There springs are 'warm springs' where the water source, coming from the nearby mountains, percolates into the earth, is warmed by it, then mixes with cooler water as it makes its way back to the surface at the springs. Because the entire area was once submerged by ancient Lake Bonneville, which is now gone, it left deposits including a good deal of salt. As the water percolates through the earth it packs of minerals and salt making the water at Horseshoe Springs somewhat brackish. This water source, though not suitable for direct consumption, does help to green the desert in the area around the pools and channels and this greening has been exploited by ranchers to feed there livestock.

Brian

Reactions: flyboy73 and OOO
I really like your videos and your style and this one is no exception. The shots make you feel like you’re flying! And also thank you for your sensitivity to wildlife.

I really like your videos and your style and this one is no exception. The shots make you feel like you’re flying! And also thank you for your sensitivity to wildlife.

Thanks OOO, I appreciate your videos and style as well. The world is a beautiful place -- if only we humans took better care of it.

Brian

Reactions: OOO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj