Horrendous Camera Noise

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I need some help with my Phantom 3 Adv. Recently it took a bump (the first day i had it off beginner mode) and i had to get a replacement camera. This morning i fitted it, updated the firmware as it asked and the image is terrible.

I tried having a look online and thought oh it might be an issue with the link between the drone and the controller but when i am in photo mode, theres no issues with communications and the photos all turn out grand. The issue is when i switch to video mode there is soo much digital noise the footage is unusable.The video on the screen is the same.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions advice on what could be causing it? I have included a link to some sample videos. The weather today is too horrendous to actually fly so just some test shots around the house but you'll see what i mean.

Thanks in advance

Drone - Shared with pCloud

I don't see any issues that shouldn't be expected, this is typical performance for the P3. Try taking some footage/images with your mobile phone in the same conditions, younwill see the limitations of a tiny sensor in low available light.

Hey Everyone,

I need some help with my Phantom 3 Adv. Recently it took a bump (the first day i had it off beginner mode) and i had to get a replacement camera. This morning i fitted it, updated the firmware as it asked and the image is terrible.

I tried having a look online and thought oh it might be an issue with the link between the drone and the controller but when i am in photo mode, theres no issues with communications and the photos all turn out grand. The issue is when i switch to video mode there is soo much digital noise the footage is unusable.The video on the screen is the same.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions advice on what could be causing it? I have included a link to some sample videos. The weather today is too horrendous to actually fly so just some test shots around the house but you'll see what i mean.

Thanks in advance

Drone - Shared with pCloud
Hi tryed nother sd card

Just had the same issue with a p3a. Had perfect photos but video looked just as yours does. Long story short ended up being the ribbon cable. It had no signs of damage at all, but after replacing..was all better.
I'd start by double checking the connections.

Last edited:
Thanks Everyone who replied to this. I ended up going to back to the shop where i got the camera and they replaced it and all is working perfectly now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik