Horizontal Lines (from the sun thru the props?)

Reaction score
While working on developing my skills for real estate videos I've found an issue when my Phantom 2 is facing in one particular direction. Horizontal lines appear in the video. When I turn my drone 180 degrees the lines go away. In fact the video is crystal clear. It seems to be related to the sun coming through the props. I fly a Phantom2 with a GoPro Hero3 Black. Does anyone know if this can be eliminated with any adjustments on the camera or ?????
Thanks

Attachments

• ActonStripes.jpg
    ActonStripes.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 358
I have the same issue with my P4, maybe the guy's using polarized filters may shed some light if these would help.

Yep- had the same problem-I made a peaked lens cap out of a black soft drink bottle--fitted snugly over my H4 lens.
I also painted my front props mat black--white props were reflecting the sun into the lens- When flying into the sun I dipped the camera angle slightly so the peak on the lens cap shaded the lens.
Never tried the lenses-so don't know how effective they are.

Thanks for the input. Those are all great ideas.I found a sun shield that mounts right over my GoPro lens. It seemed to knock out the problem right away. Unfortunately, the one I purchased was not the best construction so it broke and I had to glue it back together but, the concept definitely was there.

Here's a vid with the props blacked out and the lens shade in place-it certainly improves the glare-even when flying directly into the sun.
Cheers.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl