Horizon waves up and down

Reaction score
One question about camera quality.
Received the P3P for about a week now, and been flying some few times - shooting stills and videos. Just to get to know the camera and settings.
Today going to the sea I took both videos and stills.
When looking at the horizon - it is not straight - it is more like curves going up and down - not straight.
This happens when camera is tilted about 15-20 degrees. Both video and stills.
When camera is looking straight out in the horisont - there is no issues.
I suppose this has to do with the lense - but can any other confirm this?
I believe a camera made for arial photografic should not have this issue.
I did the calibration of the gimbal. Any other ideas?
Let me know what you think about this. Has anybody same kind of issue with horisontal straightness?
Thanks very much for your time.

Attachments

• SEA-1.JPG
    SEA-1.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 424
I noticed that on my photos yesterday too.....I guess they haven't perfected the 94 deg lens yet... I don't have a problem with it though, I'll have to go on the Inspire 1 forum to see if they have the same wave.

Although there isn't as much distortion around the edges of the screen as a GoPro, there is still some distortion I believe. I think you'll notice it straightening out once the horizon is centered in your screen...

I'm hoping Adobe or an individual will work out the lens profile to correct it in Lightroom in the near future.

There is already a lens profile for the inspire, Use that.

I've heard some say that you need to connect to the computer and do some calibrating. I don't think it would work well if the Phantom is laying on it's side either. That's what I heard, just thought I would share.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers