Horizon tilt drift problem - see video

Reaction score
P3A new couple weeks ago now into 5th flight.
Not sure the correct terminology to describe this but have a look at the video and you'll see what I mean.
My attempt to describe it: "The horizon during videoing does not stay stable on yawing"
I also noticed it on movement in other axis.
Question is: "How to resolve this?"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
P3A new couple weeks ago now into 5th flight.
Not sure the correct terminology to describe this but have a look at the video and you'll see what I mean.
My attempt to describe it: "The horizon during videoing does not stay stable on yawing"
I also noticed it on movement in other axis.
Question is: "How to resolve this?"

I watched your video. I'm not so sure that this is the horizon tilt problem. It might be the problem where the set screw that attaches the gimbal has loosened up. You should ask @Oso . He's the expert on horizon tilt. There are posts that describe how to tighten the set screw. I'll look some more later.

Strange - I just flew 2 more flights with video recording 1st flight at 1920x1080 30fps and 2nd video at 2.7K 30fps and neither had any tilt issues! I lowered the gains for yaw and I think the gimbal setting for
I watched your video. I'm not so sure that this is the horizon tilt problem. It might be the problem where the set screw that attaches the gimbal has loosened up. You should ask @Oso . He's the expert on horizon tilt. There are posts that describe how to tighten the set screw. I'll look some more later.
hey thx! I did some setting changes for the gimbal rates? and also for the yaw rate and flew again shooting both 2.7K and 1920x1080 (both 30fps) and did not have the problem. So not quite sure if it's "fixed" yet or will be intermittent.

Strange - I just flew 2 more flights with video recording 1st flight at 1920x1080 30fps and 2nd video at 2.7K 30fps and neither had any tilt issues! I lowered the gains for yaw and I think the gimbal setting for

hey thx! I did some setting changes for the gimbal rates? and also for the yaw rate and flew again shooting both 2.7K and 1920x1080 (both 30fps) and did not have the problem. So not quite sure if it's "fixed" yet or will be intermittent.
I had ONE flight where the gimbal was jumping around kinda like your video. Never happened before or after. Go figure.

I had ONE flight where the gimbal was jumping around kinda like your video. Never happened before or after. Go figure.
I had it happen in my first flight as well, then it cleared up then it returned then I looked into adjustments and did the setting changes and it cleared up so yeah will keep you updated if it stays cleared

Thx BudWalker, I watched the vid, I'll have a look into that however I don't have the "Buzzing" sound. I do hear what sounds like a small fan running tho but I read somewhere there is in fact a cooling fan on the camera/gimbal base unit (where the micro SD card goes)
There is a small fan just to the right of the SD cart slot on top of the gimbal mount.

Hi!

I have a P3A with firmware 1.4.0010 and Rc (1.4.30) I use iPad mini 4 Wifi (iOS 9.1), (Dji Go 2.40)

In the last week i have experienced gimbal problem (I calibrated IMU cold, calibrate gimbal and compass) My problem is gimbal horizon DRIFT.

Help me, please.

Hi!

I have a P3A with firmware 1.4.0010 and Rc (1.4.30) I use iPad mini 4 Wifi (iOS 9.1), (Dji Go 2.40)

In the last week i have experienced gimbal problem (I calibrated IMU cold, calibrate gimbal and compass) My problem is gimbal horizon DRIFT.

Help me, please.
You can adjust the gimbal tilt in the app or use the right thumb wheel in combination with the right button on the bottom of the controller.

You can adjust the gimbal tilt in the app or use the right thumb wheel in combination with the right button on the bottom of the controller.

Thank you,

But, the horizon is moving. It is not a constant slope.

Thank you!!

Thank you,

Thank you!!
I think you are referencing the horizon to the close in topography-- it looks right to me. I don't believe the horizion will ever be level with the topography in focus.
maybe one of the expert photographers will weigh in here.

Thank you,

Thank you!!
I see that , but it's pretty small change compared to the start of the footage say 2-3 degree tilt change. I would try the horizon tilt adjustment and refly/reshoot. Otherwwise you can adjust in postedit. Also wonder if you try adjusting gimbal rates

Last edited:
I noticed this issue you're having occasionally with mine. I think it's the slow recovery it takes the gimbal after a wind gust or yaw turn. I have to say though, I never saw any of this with the Walkera G2D I had on my fc40.

There is a small fan just to the right of the SD cart slot on top of the gimbal mount.
Huh!? looks like someone "stole" my fan!? There's the mounting threaded holes but no fan. So should the P3A have the fan or not? I I hear what sounds like a fan but pretty sure it's coming from the Vision Positioning Sensor vicinity...
IMG_2917.JPG

Just noticed I have missed what looks like packaging clear plastic protective film over the bottom front of the gimbal base unit. I guess that should be removed too?
IMG_2916.jpg

Huh!? looks like someone "stole" my fan!? There's the mounting threaded holes but no fan. So should the P3A have the fan or not? I I hear what sounds like a fan but pretty sure it's coming from the Vision Positioning Sensor vicinity...
View attachment 34761
Some Rat got your fan:mad:

Just noticed I have missed what looks like packaging clear plastic protective film over the bottom front of the gimbal base unit. I guess that should be removed too?
View attachment 34762
Never saw that on mine and it doesn't have it now.... Since you don't have a fan-- I am afraid to say.:D:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers