Horizon Antennas

Reaction score
I know there is a thread in the P2V section regarding Horizon antennas, but wanted to have a separate thread for people with P2Z's to post in to compare performance.

Was looking for an antenna set for my new P2 and Horizon seemed to tick all the boxes for me. Will at Horizon is a great guy and managed to answer all my dumb questions really promptly.

In the end I went with the P2 super set:-
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... d-options/

And an extra long 5.8 SP for the Fatshark 250mw VTX:-
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... p-or-lhcp/

Am really pleased with the setup and I can't fault the service from Horizon. I had a short on the custom link cable I had made to go from the TX to the Blackhawk. Only found out last sunday when putting it all together. Fired off an email to Will not expecting a reply until Monday, but Will responded within an hour and made me a new cable and popped it in the post within a few hours of my first email!!

Not had a chance to test the whole setup up yet but I did manage 1100m with crystal clear video with only the BH on my BP monitor. Now I have the Phantom end completed I will test again and post up the results.

Attachments

• P2.JPG
    P2.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 498
  • P2-1.JPG
    P2-1.JPG
    259 KB · Views: 533
  • P2-2.JPG
    P2-2.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 517
On the Horizon website they have separate listings for P2V and P2. Not sure how this differs from the P2 super set.

I can certainly vouch for there antennas and the level of service. Fantastic results with mine. I have the Blackhawk Micro and the Nimrod. My Nimrod though has a 90deg plug which I regret now. I specified that when I used to have my quad antenna coming out of the back but now I have moved things around so it comes out the side. The Nimrod doesnt really work that well so I might get another one like yours.

Shrimpfarmer said:
I can certainly vouch for there antennas and the level of service. Fantastic results with mine. I have the Blackhawk Micro and the Nimrod. My Nimrod though has a 90deg plug which I regret now. I specified that when I used to have my quad antenna coming out of the back but now I have moved things around so it comes out the side. The Nimrod doesnt really work that well so I might get another one like yours.

hello,
if you return it you can have the connector changed to a strait one , , cheaper than a new antenna for you .( about £8)

Range depends on the power level applied to the Nimrod and the channel . have had guys getting over 3km we tested a 6Km.

Will

xgeek said:
I know there is a thread in the P2V section regarding Horizon antennas, but wanted to have a separate thread for people with P2Z's to post in to compare performance.

Was looking for an antenna set for my new P2 and Horizon seemed to tick all the boxes for me. Will at Horizon is a great guy and managed to answer all my dumb questions really promptly.

In the end I went with the P2 super set:-
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... d-options/

And an extra long 5.8 SP for the Fatshark 250mw VTX:-
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... p-or-lhcp/

Am really pleased with the setup and I can't fault the service from Horizon. I had a short on the custom link cable I had made to go from the TX to the Blackhawk. Only found out last sunday when putting it all together. Fired off an email to Will not expecting a reply until Monday, but Will responded within an hour and made me a new cable and popped it in the post within a few hours of my first email!!

Not had a chance to test the whole setup up yet but I did manage 1100m with crystal clear video with only the BH on my BP monitor. Now I have the Phantom end completed I will test again and post up the results.

Good job , your probably one of the first to use that setup.... so a pioneer on the P2 super set.
I like the idea of the tape on the rear antenna , that has good potential , lighjt , cheap and simple, ill call it the 'Xgeek tape mod'.
Your RC control, with that setup it will be very good and the 5.8 also will be excellent, on the BP you will probably find the BH Micro grabbing all the signal , good redundancy there also.
Your only at 9dB set ,so it could go to 12 dB on both bands. You will find the beam quite broad also and not to critical.

GOOD JOB !

Best
Will

Thanks Will.

Was too windy to go out and do more testing today, so fitted a microphone to my VTX so I now have sound and picture :D

Attachments

• photo-7.JPG
    photo-7.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 480
xgeek said:
Thanks Will.

Was too windy to go out and do more testing today, so fitted a microphone to my VTX so I now have sound and picture :D

Nice one , on the Mic mod,also you have the flytrex on there so it will show the ranges and distance for confirmation

I have one coming over , really good bit of kit.

you could feed a module( video or audio ) and then send the telemetry back to the MFD AAT then it would track your P2 in real time

Will

I have an iOSD for telemetry. It overlays the data on the video feed.

Was testing my Horizon antennas today and something was not right. On further inspection it turns out I have been sent a mix of LHCP and RHCP antennas!!!!. So my monitor end is all RHCP and the phantom has LHCP (I ordered all LHCP).

Have sent an email to Will at Horizon and I am sure he will sort it ASAP, but it really sucks that their QC is not a bit more tighter. First I had a bad cable and now mismatched antennas :evil:

If anyone else is using Horzion stuff double check you have been sent what you ordered.

xgeek said:
Was testing my Horizon antennas today and something was not right. On further inspection it turns out I have been sent a mix of LHCP and RHCP antennas!!!!. So my monitor end is all RHCP and the phantom has LHCP (I ordered all LHCP).

Have sent an email to Will at Horizon and I am sure he will sort it ASAP, but it really sucks that their QC is not a bit more tighter. First I had a bad cable and now mismatched antennas :evil:

If anyone else is using Horzion stuff double check you have been sent what you ordered.

checking through the listings this is a logistics thing. with rotation and connector types there is bound to be a clash when a separate item is sent out , In general we keep RHCP in black and LHCP in White,

this means that the P2 is Black and the P2V is white.

we will adjust the listing so we don't get these conflictions, your P2 should be RHCP and Black , this also makes it easy to see if there is a rotation error and black and white should not mix, .

We will adjust the listings an make it that the user can not select the opposite when buying a kit, these things take a bit of time but we will sort it,

Will

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl