Hooking P3A to PC for more info.

Reaction score
Is there a DJI Go Version for Windows 8 and 10 PCs, so I can hook up my P3A through the USB cord for Flight logs and detail Battery info. Please Help. Thanks

DJI Assistant 2 is what I have downloaded in my Asus ROG DL702 running Windows 10.

Reactions: Andy T G
A2 won't work with a P3.
At least I couldn't get it to work.
You can put the AC to flight data mode to connect to your PC to copy off your flight DAT files.
It takes a while though to transfer them.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

How do you put the AC in flight data mode
Does the RC have to be turned on also
Thanks

How do you put the AC in flight data mode
Does the RC have to be turned on also
Thanks
Connect the AC to the PC using the USB lead that came in the box.
Turn on the AC.
Open the GO app.
Go to the Flight Mode icon => Advanced Settings => Enter Flight Data Mode.
The app will tell you you've entered FDM.
You'll be able to see the AC as a USB device on your PC and you can then download your files.

You might need that USB cable to connect the app to the RC. Once you set the mode, you don't need the app. I don't think you even need the RC. Don't turn off the AC though until done as that's how you take it out of flight data mode.

Reactions: Numone and Andy T G
Who would have thought this would be such a pain in the ***, using the supplied usb cable, turning on AC but no recognition, trying to find a Windows 8 or 10 base DJI Go App that's down loadable for the AC to recognize. Even having the AC hooked up while all in the DJI home page options. BTW I am using a 10 inch galaxy tab 4 tablet for my RC monitor , maybe it's easer to get the "flight data" using it.

Last edited:
Who would have thought this would be such a pain in the ***, using the supplied usb cable, turning on AC but no recognition, trying to find a Windows 8 or 10 base DJI Go App that's down loadable for the AC to recognize. Even having the AC hooked up while all in the DJI home page options. BTW I am using a 10 inch galaxy tab 4 tablet on my monitor , maybe it's easer to get the "flight data" using it.
I use Windows 10. Do you have the AC on when you connect it to the PC? Don't - switch it on after you've connected it.
Don't frustrate yourself; there isn't a windows version of the GO app. It's iOS or Android.

I have tried ever configuration to hooking it up, So what is the point of hooking the AC to a Window's home PC if there is no Go app available for the Phantom 3 A to recognize. I am a fairly tech savvy guy LOL but this is stumping me.

I have tried ever configuration to hooking it up, So what is the point of hooking the AC to a Window's home PC if there is no Go app available for the Phantom 3 A to recognize. I am a fairly tech savvy guy LOL but this is stumping me.

Are you getting a bit confused, you dont use an app on the PC, if what Numone says it will likely appear as an external drive, similar to pluggin in a thumb drive, I havent actually done this yet, but a video is coming soon.

it appeared you wanted info from your phantom and asked how to get via the pc.
these are the answer!

all the pc conection will do is allow you to see the intenal drive files and copy them.
it is not a flight program

good luck and have fun flying@

Actually, besides getting into "flight log mode", there is one more known way to use the USB connection - you may use the serial port which you're getting while the drone is connected and not in flight logs mode. The port spews logs from the flight controller - so you can see what's going on in the flight controller in real time if you connect terminal to it (ie. puTTY).

It is possible that commands can also be sent to the controller via TTY, but the communication seem to require binary format - just typing in puTTY won't work.

btw, if you see unknown device instead of serial port - install assistant for Phantom 2, the driver included in it will work for P3 too.

@Andy T G
Just hooked mine up to the pc,, ive done a video on it for you mate, remember to use the mini USB slot on the front of the quad, under the Silver or Gold badge (pro\advanced) not the one on the camera.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Actually, besides getting into "flight log mode", there is one more known way to use the USB connection - you may use the serial port which you're getting while the drone is connected and not in flight logs mode. The port spews logs from the flight controller - so you can see what's going on in the flight controller in real time if you connect terminal to it (ie. puTTY).

It is possible that commands can also be sent to the controller via TTY, but the communication seem to require binary format - just typing in puTTY won't work.

btw, if you see unknown device instead of serial port - install assistant for Phantom 2, the driver included in it will work for P3 too.
I figured out the same thing.

What's the usefulness of this data?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.