Hoodivision Pad Hat Mini - First impressions

Reaction score
My Pad Hat Mini arrived today. I selected the magnetic version for my Mini 3.

I wasn't going to be flying today but I still wanted to see how well the Pad Hat works so I attached it to my iPad Mini 3 and went out into the bright afternoon sun.

My Mini also has a Body Guardz anti glare screen on it but I was just not getting good results from my generic sun shade. So far I very impressed with the Pad Hat. I will be attempting a 1200m FPV flight this weekend and I'll have more feedback after those flights, but this looks like a nice improvement in glare reduction.

:harry

Reactions: HoodiVision
So I have a question. Just got my Hoodivision for my Ipad mini and with the way you have to tilt the controller to see under the raked back angle of the hood, it has my antennae at almost a 45 degree angle to the ground...unless I hold it out from me. I thought I had read that the antennae should be as vertical as possible. I also just received my windsurfer style antennae booster, which I haven't tried yet due to weather, but I am thinking its not gonna do much good pointing down. I am considering flipping the controllers screen mount so that it allows me to tilt the screen as far as I want and still point the antennae at an upward angle instead of downward.

Best hoods for cutting the glare are made by Hoodman. They make the hoods for the NFL replay cameras. Check out their website. www.hoodmanusa.com I was never satisfied until I sprung for a Hoodman. I have a Samsung Tab S2 9.7. They make them to fit most iPads too. You can even get an extension to extend the base hood.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj