Hood + viewer

Reaction score
A while ago a build a hood for an Ipad mini. It did worked but only a little bit. In full sunshine I could barely see the screen.
So I decided to make a makeshift viewer. I bought two +3 reading glasses (wall-mart type) and built them in a holder made of cardboard and lots of gaffer tape. And some pieces of velcro.
In my backyard with full sunshine it worked very nicely.

I will do some more practice tests and if it turns out well I will make a more decent model.

Hood.jpg

_DSC5982.jpg

_DSC5985.jpg

_DSC5986.jpg

_DSC5981.jpg

Reactions: tvckz
Looks like it's enclosed on all 4 sides. How do you perform touch screen gestures?

Looks like it's enclosed on all 4 sides. How do you perform touch screen gestures?
As you can see in the last picture I have the option to leave the front flap open in order to reach my tablet. However I'm making only pictures and I do not have to touch the screen.

I used the viewer this afternoon during a sailing course and I must say it works fine. A very nice view and now you can see wat you are photographing and make a much better composition.

Great idea!
We had made something similar (but w/o the glasses) with thick poster board and gaffers tape to fit our Note 2. It's works good but a little too far away from the tiny screen. The only open area is at the bottom in case we have to touch the screen (see hand in photo).

Great idea!
We had made something similar (but w/o the glasses) with thick poster board and gaffers tape to fit our Note 2. It's works good but a little too far away from the tiny screen. The only open area is at the bottom in case we have to touch the screen (see hand in photo).

With the glasses I used you need a distance of around 20cm from the screen for to get a focused view. The projected screen size is about 12 inches across. guesswork off course.

I'm looking for some quality fresnel-lenses to improve the construction of my viewer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31