Honest opinion please... have my New Zenmuse here in the box

Reaction score
Hey everyone...

After getting a Phantom asap after the release, been really enjoying it. Added DJI video FPV, carbon props, bearings, running current updates with no issues, etc etc

All is good, used it nearly daily & had very good success. Few little issues both were my errors, once was I took off before proper start up & another took it out too far, then had little damage on rough landing because battery ran out of juice. Kept machine maintained properly, etc.

OK... update to today, time for another ship.

Bought NEW Phantom, Carbon Props w/ better bearings, Futaba T14SG, 5.8G 1000mW Transmitter & Receiver, PolarProFilter, Carbon GoPro Isolation mount.

My problem is my footage now is very decent, and my skills are holding their own also. Fact is I keep hearing all these issues with Zenmuse & it bothers me some.

Tomorrow I will begin the build, Zenmuse OR not is the question?? Also should I stay with screen or try goggles??

I have it all here ready to go! (other than goggles)

Thanks guys!!

Re: Honest opinion please... have my New Zenmuse here in the

I've had no issues besides selecting the right absorbers. Grey or black are the best options. when installing my zenmuse I cross referenced from 2 youtube sites and the online manual which I printed and dissected. Made my own tilt control knob and it works supremely. Had about 20 flights now and no hot motors, no screeching no problems whatsoever, besides if I slam the phantom into a hard 180 it will enter hibernation mode, good addition. I am stoked with the Zenmuse, I do feel for the poor souls who have had issues, that's not what they paid for. Hope DJI do the right thing.

here's a vid of the absorber testing. Only available on pc.

http://youtu.be/IqF65Pj5Ar0

Re: Honest opinion please... have my New Zenmuse here in the

If your really worried about the gimbal you can send it to me to worry about :lol:

You need to realize forums always slant things towards the negative side of most products, or at least it will just as if you do a google search like "hd-3d gimbal fail" the majority of users will be having no issues but wont be posting all over the net saying its issue free. They will be out there having fun with it and shooting video, the good thing about this is if you search yt then you will see plenty of videos start popping up. There will always be some people with issues be it an actual hardware or software fault or some error in the install process. These will always outnumber positive posts on forums and I cant imagine any high volume product that wouldnt have issues if you searched for it online.

My offer still stands if you want to send it my way. But if your a new user also take some caution to make sure you read all manuals and slowly build your skills. Flying with all the expensive gear on could be a little risky early on as your much more likely to have a crash or other issues that could be costly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie