Homemade Phantom Case

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a block of foam? I need to re-do my homemade case, and I'm looking for a solid block that I can cut with an electric knife. I've tried Home Depot, Lowes, shipping stores and numerous fabric stores.

Re: Homemade Phantom Case w/Prop Guards

Anyone know the new case size for the DJI Phantom with Prop Guards? I was able to set up a case (from a case from work) for my Phantom without the guards but since I've added them it doesn't fit. Just curious if anyone has put something together yet.

I made a case from a 36cm x 58cm plastic lidded tub from Walmart ($14). 5 cm block of foam from Lee Valley Hardware cut to fit the inside ($6). Very easy to cut and shape, it has a more rigid piece on the top above a softer white foam. Cutouts for the transmitter, float equipped Phantom with Gopro hanging on it, 5 batteries, spare AAs, spare GoPro batts, some tools and I keep a set of the LED codes etc under it all. Nice and clean to carry one handed, everything except the charger and spare parts. Not bad for $20!

Attachments

• Phantom carry box cutout foam 1.jpg
    Phantom carry box cutout foam 1.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 1,699
  • Phantom carry box cutout foam 2.jpg
    Phantom carry box cutout foam 2.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 1,947
  • Phantom carry box cutout foam 3.jpg
    Phantom carry box cutout foam 3.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 1,683
Roadkilt said:
I made a case from a 36cm x 58cm plastic lidded tub from Walmart ($14). 5 cm block of foam from Lee Valley Hardware cut to fit the inside ($6). Very easy to cut and shape, it has a more rigid piece on the top above a softer white foam. Cutouts for the transmitter, float equipped Phantom with Gopro hanging on it, 5 batteries, spare AAs, spare GoPro batts, some tools and I keep a set of the LED codes etc under it all. Nice and clean to carry one handed, everything except the charger and spare parts. Not bad for $20!

:D :D Awesome. Saved me some useless tinkering, I'll just follow your lead. Thanks Bro.

Very nice. Gonna go get the supplies for one tonight. My wife was walking by when I was looking at the pics and she even thought it was cool.

I am having a real hard time finding a tote like that to fit the Phantom with prop-guards. I may have to take the prop guards off if I want an inexpensive case. :shock:

Reactions: GMayberry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik