Home point

Reaction score
I've read the manual a few times but very confused on this. Is it possible to get all the satellites needed to get the GPS lock(all green lights)and not get the home point lock? What series of lights represent a good home point? Just very weary about trying the return to home function.

Home lock is when you get 20 green flashing lights.

However the accuracy maybe diminished if you do not have have 6 or more satellites locked on.

So is the rapid green blinking(I guess it's 20xs) represent home point lock. Is it the last group of green flashes? Do the motors need to be fired up to get it?

Yes that is the one.
No just wait until you get home lock before starting motors.
Takes in my location upto a minute to get home lock.

Ok so as long I have that rapid green(20 or so x's) GPS and hone lock are both good?

I've noticed from what I remember 2 rounds of 20+ green flashes in between of sine green/ red flash sequences.

Can I reset home position (or more importantly, DIRECTION) in flight? Every time I find myself wanting to use Course Lock flight mode for video shots, the home direction is NEVER what I want it to be.

Reset home position by moving switch 1 ( NOT the GPS one.) 5 or 6 times between top position and middle position only don't go into Home Lock position while doing this. The led will blink green rapidly when locked .Mandrake.

Mandrake said:
Reset home position by moving switch 1 ( NOT the GPS one.) 5 or 6 times between top position and middle position only don't go into Home Lock position while doing this. The led will blink green rapidly when locked .Mandrake.

Do this while it's on the ground before lift off, correct? I think you mean switch 2 top left of TX? My switch 1 is the gps/Atti/manual one.

Mandrake said:

This is wrong, you can reset course lock by toggling S2 five times - as quickly as you can - between top and middle.
Reset Home position by toggling either from top to bottom or (easier) from middle to bottom - five times again.

If the reset is successful you will see a rapid green flashing from the LED

Note you can reset home in the air and it will log the new altitude should you initiate the return to home either deliberate or a s result of losing control signal.
This is useful if you know the terrain or trees are likely to mean the preset return height of 20 metres is not adequate ground clearance.

I noticed when resetting the home position that the altitude and distance readouts on the screen display do not change. I would have thought they would both reset to zero..

4wd said:
Mandrake said:

This is wrong, you can reset course lock by toggling S2 five times - as quickly as you can - between top and middle.
Reset Home position by toggling either from top to bottom or (easier) from middle to bottom - five times again.

If the reset is successful you will see a rapid green flashing from the LED

Note you can reset home in the air and it will log the new altitude should you initiate the return to home either deliberate or a s result of losing control signal.
This is useful if you know the terrain or trees are likely to mean the preset return height of 20 metres is not adequate ground clearance.

Reset home-The s2(IOC switch) or s1(GPS/Atti/Atti switch)?

Hi Guys, 4wd is correct about which switch to use...
That's the one I've seen guys use...
Never tried it myself. Never needed to.
Just getting my head around regaining control after testing the RTH function.
GPS switch to ATT1, Left stick hard down. Turn transmitter on, wait for rapid transmitter LED flashes, then center the stick... You should then have control again, and can change to GPS mode if you want.

As I understand it, the first set of rapid green lights shows that it has GPS lock and the second set of rapid green lights shows that it has set the home position.

Don't take off until you get a steady blinking green light - no red flashes.

After you take off, get it a few feet up and let it hover to make sure it is going to stay in place. It may wander a few feet one way or the other, but it should correct its position on its own.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers