Home point not recorded

Reaction score
Hi folks!

I get The above message when I run the DJI go app on my iPhone 6. I am using the latest and greatest Apple update for my phone. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Am I safe to fly? Thank you in advance!

No. You need to wait until home point is recorded. If you fly before its set, the point may be set somewhere away from where you took off.

Hi folks!

I get The above message when I run the DJI go app on my iPhone 6. I am using the latest and greatest Apple update for my phone. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Am I safe to fly? Thank you in advance!
I've not seen or heard of that message before.
Does it record a home point later?

The P3S is easy in that you know you just need 6 satellites and like magic the home point will be recorded. If you have only five sats and no home point, that's why. Wait for the sixth satellite. If you can't get the 6th satellite, you can consider launching in ATTI and then just carefully rise straight up until it finds the sixth sat and records the home point. Be wary of the wind. I would keep it close and not fly far unless you acquire at least 7 satellites (one for back up) in case you lose one during flight.

Are you trying to launch somewhere that the Phantom does not have a clear view of the sky and so is not able to receive signals from enough satellites?

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I just checked out the link that you shared above and what Great Work you have posted...Thank You i just enjoyed all of the pictures !

Thanks! I also get a no Internet connection when I connect to my phantom Wi-Fi. This didn’t start until after the Apple update.

Once my phone looks up to the fandom Wi-Fi, I get a no Internet connection notice under the link to the Phantom. I was wondering if this may have something to do with the home point

Satellites don’t seem to be an issue. The bird seems to hover real well and doesn’t drift which tells me I am hooked to the satellites I believe.

Once my phone looks up to the phantom Wi-Fi, I get a no Internet connection notice under the link to the Phantom. I was wondering if this may have something to do with the home point
That's correct. The wifi connection to the Phantom has no connection to the internet.
You can't use it to check your email or the weather.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the GPS recording a home point.

That makes sense, but I still don’t understand why I’m not getting a homepoint recording . I thought it may be a compatibility issue between the DJI app and the latest Apple update. I certainly appreciate all your input!!

That makes sense, but I still don’t understand why I’m not getting a homepoint recording . I thought it may be a compatibility issue between the DJI app and the latest Apple update. I certainly appreciate all your input!!
If you still can't get any satellites ...
First, you are outdoors with a clear sky view?
If you are outdoors and can't get satellites, it sounds like your GPS antenna is broken or disconnected.

No problem with satellites. clear blue sky around.
Something's not adding up.
If you have 6 sats or more, your Phantom should be recording a homepoint.
Are you sure that it isn't recording a homepoint?

Does the border at top of the screen go green with a Ready to Fly message?
Does the distance indicator show a number or does it show N/A?
Can you post a link to a flight record?

7 plus satellites are the norm. Green banner on top. I will play with it this weekend and take some notes on what is happening. Thank you again for your time!!!

Figured out what was happening. I was attempting to set the home point on the main controller settings before launch. That's when I get a no home point recorded message. Once I launched the home point was recorded. I hesitated to launch but had good satellites so I launched. Everything worked as planned.

Thanks again from someone still learning!!

Reactions: Neon Euc
Figured out what was happening. I was attempting to set the home point on the main controller settings before launch. That's when I get a no home point recorded message. Once I launched the home point was recorded. I hesitated to launch but had good satellites so I launched.
There is no need to set the home point yourself.
It is set automatically as soon as your GPS gets a good position fix.
Unless you launched very quickly after powering up, it was probably already recorded before you tried to do it manually.
You'll see the distance display change from N/A to a number to confirm this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl