Home Lock vs RTH

Reaction score
Hi, hopefully I'm not repeating a previous post as a search turned up little along these lines. I am wondering what the forum's thoughts are concerning Home Lock versus RTH? (I ask this out of ignorance and not debate and I'm sure I'm overlooking an obvious answer.) It would seem to me that with RTH you simply hit a button and have both hands free to still work the Phantom etc. Any and all thoughts truly appreciated! Thanks!!

It's as simple as that, pressing rth will bring it home automatically after it raises to its rth safe height and home lock will bring the phantom back while holding back on the right stick while you can manually change height at the same time

Reactions: Buckaye
This video illustrates the purpose of home lock.
Home lock is useful for composing video since it allows you to fly in any straight direction more intuitively regardless of yaw, so that you can focus on tracking your subject more accurately.

Are you asking as a creative videographer or are you asking as a pilot??

As a pilot, home lock is a manual/active method of bringing back your phantom in the case that you no longer can see it or you have lost orienteering. Just enable home lock, and right stick down and the phantom should come back to home position no matter which way the phantom is facing.

With my P2, I rarely used RTH as i preferred to be in control at all times. It was an excellent method of retrieving if the wifi/screen cut out mid flight. On the P2 remote, you just enable via the S2 and pull the right stick down.

As for creative videographing, it is answered in the above post.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4