Home Lock shows strange behaviour

Reaction score
Setting up P2 today in Naza mode for the first time. Setup of switch positions was "standard" (top - middle - down):
S1: GPS - Atti - Failsafe.
S2: Off - Course Lock - Home Lock.

Primarily I can see good use for Home Lock: being able to pull back on right stick and it will head back in a straight line towards the starting point even if that means it has to fly forward/left/right.

After warm-up, green light, rapid flashing green lights (setting GPS lock), fully charged batteries, I tested out Home Lock (starting up facing North): I flew to the left (West, but still facing North) and set S2 to Home Lock position and pulled back (right stick). P2 started to fly to the right (East) straight towards me (still facing North). Exactly like it should.

BUT, after 5 meter flying (while I was holding the stick position the same), it autonomously started to fly "true) backwards (South)...? This happened very abruptly, it just changed direction 90 degrees but itself.

And, this very short correct Home Lock flying only happened when S2 was in COURSE LOCK position (S2 in middle position)??
When S2 was in Home Lock position (down position), there was no change from normal GPS mode behaviour, the direction of the sticks matched the direction the P2 was facing.

So basically:
"Home Lock" position didn't change anything.
"Grid Lock" position acted like Home Lock, but only for about 5-10 meters and then it changed back to acting like GPS mode.

1) What happened ? What is wrong and what should be fixed?

Extra info:
P2 + Zenmuse H3-3D+GoPro - flew normally in GPS mode both before and after switch to Naza-mode.
Tx + P2: latest updated versions
PT software: Advanced > IOC > checkmark is set in "Intelligent Orientation Control" as I have read that it should be for HL/CL to work as intended. (See screenshots of the settings.)

PS: during flight I have normal slow flashing green lights. I get yellow confirmation lights when I switched modes.
But once in a while I got a single red flashing light in between the green lights. What does that indicate?

Thanks - and happy flying.

Attachments

• screenshots.jpg
    screenshots.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 502
Once the quad gets to I think within 15ft.of its home point it will revert to normal flying.It has to be at least that distance from its home point for HL to work.

westray said:
Once the quad gets to I think within 15ft.of its home point it will revert to normal flying.It has to be at least that distance from its home point for HL to work.

The distance is actually 10m (about 33ft). HL is intended to be used to safely get your bird back from far away, not for close-in flying.

westray said:

The paragraph below is from the following page (emphasis added):

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M ... on_Control

"(6) When flying in Home Lock mode, if any of the following situations happen, then the system will quit Home Lock flying and automatically enter Course Lock flying. The aircraft will fly in Course Lock using the earlier forward direction.

a) The aircraft fly’s within 10m range of the home point.

b) You toggle the control mode switch to the ATTI. Mode.

c) The GPS signal becomes bad (The GPS signal LED is blinking Red twice or three times).

(7) We suggest that you should know clearly which flight lock method you are going to fly, and you know the locked forward direction or home point, before you switch on IOC mode during the flight. "

Thanks for all the answers. That settles it, as I was probably only flying 5-10 meters away when testing, as I had forgotten that it returns to "normal" flying at close range.

BUT, that does not explain why the HOME LOCK flying was only done when S2 was in the middle position "Course Lock"?

Am I misunderstanding something, or is something not set up right in the software? In software, the modes changes correctly when I move the switches on the controller?

dronie said:
Thanks for all the answers. That settles it, as I was probably only flying 5-10 meters away when testing, as I had forgotten that it returns to "normal" flying at close range.

BUT, that does not explain why the HOME LOCK flying was only done when S2 was in the middle position "Course Lock"?

Am I misunderstanding something, or is something not set up right in the software? In software, the modes changes correctly when I move the switches on the controller?
Doesn't return to "normal" flying. Goes to Course Lock!

^ Correct.

You can also test HL by going left/right (right stick in default mode 2) and it should fly in a circle in either direction.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20