Home Lock saves the day ...

Reaction score
Was Flying this afternoon outside my house in an urban area , when my 7yo came to me insisting taking the control :)
the conversation only lasted 10-12 seconds but it was enough time to fly the Phantom against the sun into an unknown orientation/height ... I could hardly hear the motors but in manual mode I wasn't sure where it was drifting to ... I got panic for a second or two ... loosing it in an urban area makes search and recover much more difficult task .... I then react.. I set the left switch completely down and pulled back the right stick ...... nightmare seconds where passing without spotting the drone ... but now I could hear the motors louder...... and then suddenly ... wooooshhhhh it came home .... from an unsuspected point ..... Home lock rocks..... I love it .... by the way last month I draw with a permanent maker arrows on the transmitter showing where to switch and which stick to pull .. to make it come home ... helps in panic situations .....

youhoooooooooo ............

I've had same kind of a situation, with the difference of loosing GPS. When that happens return to home, homelock etc stop working. So be aware of that possibility. If Phantom has less than 6 satellites on its GPS, weird things start to happen :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers