Home Lock Mode Question - New Drone P3S

Reaction score
Have only been on 2 flights, but when trying to use "Home Lock" to make it act "headless", the left stick seems to be Completely inverse. Pushing the stick forward brings the drone towards me, and vice versa. I think even the left and right gets screwy. I am launching the drone, flying it like 100 ft away, changing it to "Home Lock", and then the stick controls seem to be reversed. I figure I would ask since I am sure it is something simple I am missing. Completely impressed with the drone overall, this is my first experience and it is amazing. Thanks, great forum.

Have only been on 2 flights, but when trying to use "Home Lock" to make it act "headless", the left stick seems to be Completely inverse. Pushing the stick forward brings the drone towards me, and vice versa. I think even the left and right gets screwy. I am launching the drone, flying it like 100 ft away, changing it to "Home Lock", and then the stick controls seem to be reversed. I figure I would ask since I am sure it is something simple I am missing. Completely impressed with the drone overall, this is my first experience and it is amazing. Thanks, great forum.
Course lock is like Headless mode, not Home lock. But either way the sticks should not be reversed. Drone movement forward, back, left and right should be the right stick (mode 2) default setting.

I wonder if that is my issue. Home lock vs course lock. The directions seem right when not using the special flight modes. Without turning on the 'lock mode' pushing the right stick forward moves the drone the direction the camera is facing. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I wonder if that is my issue. Home lock vs course lock. The directions seem right when not using the special flight modes. Without turning on the 'lock mode' pushing the right stick forward moves the drone the direction the camera is facing. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
But the left stick forward is always UP/DOWN in altitude. That doesn't change between normal, course-lock or home-lock.

Ahh yes. I had this too on my Standard. You have to activate IOC functions

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

pay attention to which direction the ac is facing when engaging course lock , right stick forward will be in the direction of the camera when set

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic