Home Lock mode + Dynamic home point

This is really a very nice addition for those that will know to use it without getting in a bind.
Someone moves to an new area and forgets about power lines being in their quads path, and then comes the ugliness. Then the use of it while being mobile wont be wise either.

Which is why "follow me" should only be implemented after "object avoidance" sensors and algorithm are implemented...

I probably will not use the Dynamic Home Point option. I usually take off from a nice clean spot on the ground with the intent of having a good emergency landing point if the quad needs to return on its own. I don't need it following me.

Does the home point continue to update during an RTH? I would think not. At least not while descending over the home point. So I would conclude the answer to my own question is most likely no.

I haven't done the upgrade yet - waiting to see how stable it is reported to be.

The Dynamic Home point function really appeals to me as I sometimes fly over water from a boat to film sailing races. At the moment I always launch from the shore not the boat. Otherwise a RTH event would return the quad to a now empty patch of sea. DHP would let me launch from the middle of the sea with more confidence.

Quick question - can you turn Dynamic home point on and off in the app?

Kitisposhon,

I haven't done the upgrade yet - waiting to see how stable it is reported to be.<br /><br />The Dynamic Home point function really appeals to me as I sometimes fly over water from a boat to film sailing races. At the moment I always launch from the shore not the boat. Otherwise a RTH event would return the quad to a now empty patch of sea. DHP would let me launch from the middle of the sea with more confidence.<br /><br />Quick question - can you turn Dynamic home point on and off in the app?<br/>

Answer:
Yes you can do that in the settingssection of the app.
FA

Dynamic home is awesome... until it lands on your phone and chops your face off.

I forgotten to double test the Dynamic home point and Home Lock for flight over the weekend.
From previous "quick test" I found that the Home lock and direction course at the point of take off will remain as the reference point when flying in HL mode.

I had dynamic home point turned on and walked away from the take off point. With HL flight mode on, I pulled the direction stick back and it kept going back to the take off point.

Home Lock IOC 'flying' is only valid when the a/c is greater than 10 meters from the Home Point.
This is different than RTH or fail-safe operation which is not 'effected' by the 10 meter restriction.

If you continue to envoke IOC Home Lock flying, once you enter the 10 meter perimiter than the a/c reverts to Course Lock.

N017RW said:
Home Lock IOC 'flying' is only valid when the a/c is greater than 10 meters from the Home Point.
This is different than RTH or fail-safe operation which is not 'effected' by the 10 meter restriction.

If you continue to envoke IOC Home Lock flying, once you enter the 10 meter perimiter than the a/c reverts to Course Lock.

Understood all that... In my test, I walked 20 meters away.
I wanted to see if the dynamic home point was able to work with IOC.
Think of this.. when you pull the stick back on IOC HL, the phantom comes back to the take off point (if not resetted by the 5xtoggle). I was hoping that DJI "accidently enabled follow me". Now think of this.. Enabling Dynamic home point and piloting the boat and having the phantom "follow" simply by holding the stick back. I'm pretty sure, DJI can enable this but have too many doubts in their users.

The dynamic home point is ONLY for FAILSAFE and RETURN TO HOME. So if you're on a boat, when triggered, it will lock in your Smartphone/Smartdevice exactly where you triggered it. So if you're on a boat and still moving, it won't keep following your smartphone device or boat. It will land in the water where you triggered it. Make sure you stop the boat and wait till you have visual range and take over the RTH by flicking to GPS/ATTI mode to catch or land.

Ok.. I've lied.. I didn't do a proper test first time around as I ran out of juice and batteries.

IOC home lock works with Dynamic home lock. I made mistake thinking the yellow ring around the radar meant it is was on.
Green means its on! Apologies!!

If you switch to GS, you will see your home point move as you walk.
Now the limitation is when you fly back into the 10m radius. The moment you let go of the stick, the IOC changes into back to course lock.

This will be interesting on a boat/driving (driving on private property that is).
I need a bigger field to see how "dynamic" and if 2 updates per second is enough to follow..

I'll post findings when I get more time.

BlackTracer said:
Does the home point continue to update during an RTH? I would think not. At least not while descending over the home point. So I would conclude the answer to my own question is most likely no.

When I tested it, it does not seem to follow me once in RTH mode.

Mako79 said:
Dynamic home is awesome... until it lands on your phone and chops your face off.

I forgotten to double test the Dynamic home point and Home Lock for flight over the weekend.
From previous "quick test" I found that the Home lock and direction course at the point of take off will remain as the reference point when flying in HL mode.

I had dynamic home point turned on and walked away from the take off point. With HL flight mode on, I pulled the direction stick back and it kept going back to the take off point.

You can change the HL reference point as well as the RTH point, so long as Dynamic Home Lock is turned "OFF" in the Vision App, by toggling between CL and HL switch positions 5x or until you see the aft status lights blink green rapidly. This indicates you have programmed a new HL point as well as a new RTH point. Kinda handy if you find yourself over extended and you want to find a nice spot to auto land in an emergency.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20