Home lock glitch?

max

Reaction score
I've had a strange occurrence on two seperate flights, I think. I had the bird out quite a ways (1000+ ft) and flipped the S2 switch into homelock and pulled down on the right stick and she started flying away from me instead of towards me. Both times I switched to normal GPS and brought her closer and tried to repeat the problem and couldn't. There's definitely a chance I was mistakenly in course lock, or pushed the stick the wrong way, but I think I had things correct.
Anyone ever have a glitch like this happen? I've confirmed the switch appears to function properly in the assistant software.

I really think you are right on the course lock.

I use S1 /Top position gps /Middle atti /Bottom Failsafe.

The failsafe is same as RTH. The S1 setup I use works nice. Of coarse this is for naza mode on the transmitter.

max said:
I've had a strange occurrence on two seperate flights, I think. I had the bird out quite a ways (1000+ ft) and flipped the S2 switch into homelock and pulled down on the right stick and she started flying away from me instead of towards me. Both times I switched to normal GPS and brought her closer and tried to repeat the problem and couldn't. There's definitely a chance I was mistakenly in course lock, or pushed the stick the wrong way, but I think I had things correct.
Anyone ever have a glitch like this happen? I've confirmed the switch appears to function properly in the assistant software.

I have to ask.... are you sure you are in NAZA mode?

If S1 is in ATTI the S2 is in H/L......It will not work, it is dependant on GPS and thus S1 has to be in top position.

If S1 is in ATTI and S2 is in H/L the backwards command makes the quad go backwards not back to launch point.

A couple times I've had my P2V+ stuck in course lock after going from home lock to IOC off. I was flipping the switch pretty quick from the bottom to the top position and wondered if going too quick caused the problem. After the second time it happened I have been waiting about a second between position changes and haven't had that problem since. No idea if that is what is happening to you (in reverse), just thought I would throw that out there.

I have had home Lock fail on me a few times. I was about 400 ft out each time. I lost home lock and then my orientation doing FPV. Screen locked up on me as I was too far for FPV, pulled back on stick but did not hear the drone coming home, so after a couple of minutes I went to fail safe. Thank DJI for 'fail safe'. I had to use it to come home, each time it worked. without 'fail safe' I would have had a lost drone. After reviewing video I saw I was not coming home when I pulled the stick down toward home. So some how it lost home lock. Have no ideal why it happened. But I think maybe the drone misinterpreted some other random radio waves for the IOC off command or CL command ?

That's odd. If home lock fails, certainly fail safe or RTH should fail as well. It might be only the IOC switch that was acting up. Many people have had issues with the switches on the DJI Tx's. Or having it without knowing. Calibration of the switch in Naza might help.
I had a few times when RTH didn't bring it back. But since it was still visible I noticed it flying away from me instead of returning so switching to Atti was the obvious procedure to get it home. Home lock would not work, it would fly in the same direction as RTH.

I have experienced this same glitch on occasion where I've flipped to Home Lock and the controls are reversed. As soon as I noticed it was getting further away instead of coming back I stopped, flipped S2 to normal mode and then back to Home Lock, and it worked properly. It seems to be a random glitch.

If you get way out and your Home Lock fails, assuming you still have a connection to the Vision App, couldnt you just get it home by using Ground Station?

ccase39 said:
If you get way out and your Home Lock fails, assuming you still have a connection to the Vision App, couldnt you just get it home by using Ground Station?
Good point. You could set one way point right where you are standing and go. Just be sure you set the altitude to not collide with anything on the path back. Also battery level needs to be sufficient. Never considered using GS as a failsafe alternative. Good one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic