Home lock and altitude.

Reaction score
Hi,
Still in the learning stages, but haven a ball.
Finally did get "home lock" to work.
Have not tried it from a great distance, but noticed that while it does return to me it also appears to lose altitude rather fast.
Guessing it's trying to return to the point it took off from???
From the distance I tried it from (probably 50-60 feet) I'm not sure it would have still been in the air by the time it reached me without some altitude adjustment.
Does that seem normal.
Thanks

The accuracy of the hover is pretty wide, meaning to phantom will drift around a little when hovering. When you command it to move somewhere, the GPS "lock" is ignored, and it powers the direction its asked to go, any wind or side momentum will push the phantom around while it moves . . . . The phantom has onboard electronics but they can only react once I notices it's going off course.

I find when I go from a hover to moving at pace, I loose a little bit of height, but if I release to stick, as it "brakes" it gains up to double the height it lost, and then will return to a "locked" hover.

Altitude loss when yaw is input as well. Pretty much anything you do will cause a loss of altitude so be ready to tweak the throttle if you are near the ground.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1