Home Alone! Home lock behavior when overhead

Reaction score
I like home lock when the quad is far enough away I can't tell its orientation. It's a great way to bring it back. But I also know home lock stops working sideways 10m away and reverts to course lock at which point it starts to swing around you.

So question is, the quad is 150m over my head. It may be laterally 0 to 50m away from its locked in home point but visually it looks like its right over my head. Does it shut off its home lock mode when it is within 10m of home point from any direction or only in the XY axis? This seemingly obscure question is because I'm using home lock to bring down my quad when its almost out of sight vertically, but if it freaks out because its within 10m laterally then I actually am not in home lock at all. I've seen this happen and am not sure if it was a home lock issue or some other signal interference.

If it's the stock Tx, signal loss could be what your experiencing, reception drops off when you straight up at a much shorter distance, has to do with antenna placement. Mine went into failsafe when it was aprox 100 ft vertically, but I was also in an area that has a lot of radio interference.

Interesting. The antenna would be pointing at the quad, which is the least effective transmission. That's a good point.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik